romantic disney getaway

tihean

Earning My Ears
any special recommendations "must dos" for a couple doing to disney in March?

I was wondering the same thing:) My husband and I are going without the kids for the first time this April. It is going to be so weird. We haven't been anywhere without them especially Disney!! Looking forward to some ideas.

DH and I will be there next week for our 3rd adults only trip! WDW is such a different experience without the kiddos and we always have the best time! One simple thing we like to do is stroll World Showcase in the evening...maybe with a drink in hand :). Just being able to have a leisurely walk without worrying about where the kids are at is soooooo relaxing! On previous trip we did the Illuminations fireworks cruise but it is pricey!
Maybe plan a romantic dinner at a restaurant you wouldn't normally go with the kids??

2 trips ago .... AFTER a week with the kids - they left and we stayed a few extra days by ourselves (these were 'adult' kids a grandson and his cousin). Think about an evening over on The Boardwalk. Dinner at Flying Fish (wonderful seafood) and then hanging out at Jelly Rolls. We love Epcot and every world pavilion is awesome when you get to walk slowly, absorb the displays and shops, and (as you are already anticipating) not having to count noses. Finally if you have not seen Cirque du Soleil ... Do It! Adults seem to appreciate the aristry and talent and joy far more then kids. Have Fun!!!!

My husband and I are going in June. I had heard that Artist's Point in Wilderness Lodge was a nice date night, since California Grill will still be closed. When I called and made the reservation, the operator said "Oh, that's my favorite romantic restaurant." So there you go.

My husband and I are going in June. I had heard that Artist's Point in Wilderness Lodge was a nice date night, since California Grill will still be closed. When I called and made the reservation, the operator said "Oh, that's my favorite romantic restaurant." So there you go.

It IS romantic ,but my wife and I were very disappointed with the dinner. Our server was wonderful,and we had a nice time:)

I would suggest a splurge and go to Victoria and Albert's. There are only 46 restaurants in the entire United States that are rated as Five Diamond by AAA, and V&A is one of them. It is not only the food, but the entire experience. Check out www.victoria-alberts.com for lots of details.

I second the V&A suggestion. I have been lucky enough to go there three times and they count as the three best meals I have ever had.

My wife and I stayed at WL for our 25th anniversary 5 years ago and ate at Artist Point the first night. After dinner we took the boat over to Fort Wilderness for a carriage ride, and as it was finishing up we could see the fireworks through the trees. Nice evening! (BTW, if you order flowers to be delivered to your room from a local florist it's about half the cost of ordering from Disney).

My wife and I stayed at WL for our 25th anniversary 5 years ago and ate at Artist Point the first night. After dinner we took the boat over to Fort Wilderness for a carriage ride, and as it was finishing up we could see the fireworks through the trees. Nice evening! (BTW, if you order flowers to be delivered to your room from a local florist it's about half the cost of ordering from Disney).

I thought you could only order from Disney florist if you were staying on Disney property... who would you recommend?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter