Romantic but reasonably priced

the other micki

Mouseketeer
Hi there! I would like to book a ressie for my son and his girlfriend during our upcoming December trip that is nice, but not too expensive. Any suggestions?

TIA :)

The Wave at the Contemporary. My wife and I really enjoyed our meal there, great experience, great food and didn't break the budget. We almost went back for a second night after plans changed, we didn't but we should have.

The vibe in Tiffins and the attached Nomad Lounge is worth considering. It’s serene and intense at the same time. Tiffins menu is pricey but doesn’t need to break the bank depending what’s ordered. Nomad Lounge offers small plates easier on the wallet, interesting food and the outside seating really excels for setting. There’s something about sitting on those sofas riverside, removed out of the hectic parks to relax and enjoy food and conversation together. The interior dining rooms are great as well invoking the journey. Very memorable and intimate imho without being stuffy.

I might be weird but I never got the whole "romantic" dinner. I go to restaurants to eat good food and save the romance for home. LOL Even when hubby and I go out to a nice restaurant for our anniversary, we don't see anything about it that is romantic. I would pick a restaurant based on how good the food is because no matter what the ambiance is, if the food is crap, that is all that you will remember. Just my 2 cents.

A lot of the above may not fall under “not too expensive”. It’s pretty relative. How old are they? Are they getting cocktails? Young at heart Disney feel or a little more sophisticated? Park or resort or doesn’t matter? But if it’s twenties cocktails less Disney more quiet and secluded: Ale and Compass and a stroll on the boardwalk.

it’s theme park dining…none of it really hits the mark for romance (aside from V&A). Maybe STK although that’s more club vibe than romance.

I might be weird but I never got the whole "romantic" dinner. I go to restaurants to eat good food and save the romance for home. LOL Even when hubby and I go out to a nice restaurant for our anniversary, we don't see anything about it that is romantic. I would pick a restaurant based on how good the food is because no matter what the ambiance is, if the food is crap, that is all that you will remember. Just my 2 cents.
I've too wondered what people mean by "romantic". I'm guessing somewhat quiet. But for us the food is the #1 thing to consider. Does "reasonably priced" mean for Disney or the real world?

Depends on what people consider romantic. I enjoy dressing up to the nines, going to a really nice upscale restaurant, buying a good bottle of wine, while DW wears a beautiful dress. I consider that a " romantic " night out to dinner. I don't think quiet matters. Ends up costing a lot but worth every penny. Its an every few month thing. V&A to me is not something I would want to do though.

But not to get off topic. I always liked Wolf Gang at Disney Springs

Im listings resorts only as there really aren't any true romantic spots in the parks, as they crowd the tables too much there. My wife says shed consider any of the below date night worthy.

Jiko, California Grille, The Wave, Ale and Compass, Topolinos, The Turf Club, Boatwrights, Flying Fish, Yachtsman, Sanaa, Narcoosees, Citricos.

She also said they lost the best date night spot when the converted Artist Point to a character meal.

This is 100% doable.

I'd recommend Tutto Gusto, but only once it's not an extension of Tutto Italia. Good food (a smaller menu from Tutto Italia, some extra meat and cheese options), great wine (HUGE menu), quiet and great themed atmosphere. Doesn't draw a lot of kids because it is a wine bar. If it's still Tutto Italia, get a reservation there and request to be seated in the Tutto Gusto area.

Hacienda de San Angel if you can get a window table close to fireworks time.

Tiffins is a good one in AK. But also Nomad Lounge for lunch/drinks.

Outside of the parks, Toppolino's Terrace (may exceed your budget) is a good option.

This is 100% doable.

I'd recommend Tutto Gusto, but only once it's not an extension of Tutto Italia. Good food (a smaller menu from Tutto Italia, some extra meat and cheese options), great wine (HUGE menu), quiet and great themed atmosphere. Doesn't draw a lot of kids because it is a wine bar. If it's still Tutto Italia, get a reservation there and request to be seated in the Tutto Gusto area.

Hacienda de San Angel if you can get a window table close to fireworks time.

Tiffins is a good one in AK. But also Nomad Lounge for lunch/drinks.

Outside of the parks, Toppolino's Terrace (may exceed your budget) is a good option.
I second Tutto Gusto. Good food great wine selection , quiet somewhat hidden from the rest of the world. (HUGE menu), quiet and great themed atmosphere. I have eaten there twice request to be seated in the Tutto Gusto area.

Attachments

• C2B70B26-0B75-431D-9D0D-0CD9E8C9905B.png
    C2B70B26-0B75-431D-9D0D-0CD9E8C9905B.png
    173.2 KB · Views: 9

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter