Rolling 60 day reservations

AgentMama

DIS Veteran
Do you think this is here to stay? Or will it be opened up like WDW when the parks open up to OOS visitors?

Last edited:
No way to know unless Disney makes an announcement. For the time being it is what they are using. Whether they will ever go back to the way it was without Covid is anyones guess at this point.

I would guess it stays, at least for the foreseeable future. Disneyland has never allowed planning as far out as WDW and most things (dining, park hours, etc) all roughly follow the 60 day rule.

I've been reading posts and I'm sure this is answered somewhere.... But is it truly one day released at a time? Like when I make our reservations once it opens to OOS people, I'll need to do it every day until I get all five of my days? I've got a long way to go before our trip but still want to be prepared.

I've been reading posts and I'm sure this is answered somewhere.... But is it truly one day released at a time? Like when I make our reservations once it opens to OOS people, I'll need to do it every day until I get all five of my days? I've got a long way to go before our trip but still want to be prepared.
Correct. At least the way it’s being done now.

Is it possible to change reservation days? If I make a reservation for the beginning of July to make sure we have days reserved and then dates open up for the end of July, can I switch?

Is it possible to change reservation days? If I make a reservation for the beginning of July to make sure we have days reserved and then dates open up for the end of July, can I switch?
Yes. You can cancel your reservation up until 11:59pm the night before. However, it isn’t a swap. You would have to go back in and make new reservations. I imagine it can be done quickly, but you do run the chance of a day(s) selling out in between, so just be aware.

Does anyone know what happens if there is a difference in cost for the day for your tickets? If I purchase for a day, switch days to a more expensive day will it let me make the reservation?

Does anyone know what happens if there is a difference in cost for the day for your tickets? If I purchase for a day, switch days to a more expensive day will it let me make the reservation?
No. The reservation calendar will only let you reserve a day that your ticket is valid for.

To reserve a higher-price day, you'll have to either buy a new ticket at the higher price, or call Guest Services to upgrade the ticket you have.

If the dates you're looking at are already available to make reservations for in-state people, you should be able to make all of your reservations at once. If they haven't opened up for in-state, yet, though, you will have to do it every day to make sure you get the dates you want.

Make sure to check Dining reservations tomorrow (May 18th). Blue Bayou, Napa Rose, and Storytellers Cafe all drop tomorrow. So if you want to eat there then better be on it. If somewhere else you want to go is booked up they might become available with people shifting around plans.

I know that Disney "adds" new dates at midnight when it hits 60 days out, but when can I make a reservation for that first day? Midnight? 8 am PST? I've heard conflicting reports.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter