Roll away beds?

emmakatbaby

Proudmomof3
We are staying at Pop Century soon and my 2 teen sons are not exactly thrilled about sharing a bed ( they both sleep in queen beds at home). Does anyone know if Pop has roll away beds for guests to use or if they would allow us to bring an air mattress for one of them to sleep on? Thanks!!

Most of the resorts don't have any rollaway beds anymore and don't allow them. I think Pop is one of them.

But you can bring an air mattress and use that - I wouldn't get anything bigger than a twin one though - there isn't alot of extra space in the value resort rooms.

We just returned from an 11 night stay at Music and saw many rollaway beds
being brought to rooms or being taken away. They were the size of about a twin bed folded in the middle with wheels. I would phone Pop to confirm if they have them there.

I have asked the chat support several times about roll away beds and they always say no as it is against fire codes. I have even brought up that I have seen huge storage rooms full of the in the 50's section at the Pop and hey still say thy don't allow them. I am travelling with my two adult brothers and we would love to stay at a moderate but because they don't have cots available it is costing us more to stay in either 2 value rooms or a family suite at the ASMu resort with quick service dining rather than at a moderate with DDP. We have looked at staying deluxe with the daybed but that is out of our price range for a 17 night trip.

I have asked the chat support several times about roll away beds and they always say no as it is against fire codes. I have even brought up that I have seen huge storage rooms full of the in the 50's section at the Pop and hey still say thy don't allow them. I am travelling with my two adult brothers and we would love to stay at a moderate but because they don't have cots available it is costing us more to stay in either 2 value rooms or a family suite at the ASMu resort with quick service dining rather than at a moderate with DDP. We have looked at staying deluxe with the daybed but that is out of our price range for a 17 night trip.

The rollaway beds would be against fire codes if you used them for more people than the room allows. The fire codes don't take space in the room into account. Just the number of people in each room, the width of stairs and corridors and how quickly people can evacuate in an emergency.

If they do have rollaways, you should be able to get one since you are not exceeding room occupancy.

We have had roll aways at the pops and coronado, but we did not exceed the room occupancy.. The boys did not want to all share a bed, lol...

Are they available at OKV or BWV? Tks!:)

Nope, no DVC resort will provide rollaways or cots. You have to bring your own airbed (and bedding) if you need additional sleeping spaces without going over occupancy.

The rollaway beds would be against fire codes if you used them for more people than the room allows. The fire codes don't take space in the room into account. Just the number of people in each room, the width of stairs and corridors and how quickly people can evacuate in an emergency.

If they do have rollaways, you should be able to get one since you are not exceeding room occupancy.

Not always true - certain room configurations would prevent easy exit in event of an emergency and therefore rollaways would not be permitted in these rooms, no matter the number of occupants.

You can certainly ask for a rollaway but I would double check to see if there is a cost. In a resort I used to work at (not Disney), it was $15/night for a rollaway. Might be easier to bring an air mattress so then you can move it out of the way during the day too.

We have had roll aways at the pops and coronado, but we did not exceed the room occupancy.. The boys did not want to all share a bed, lol...

we also had a rollaway bed at POP this past April. Family of 4 here.

Thanks for all of the replys everyone!! I really appreciate it. :goodvibes

Sturowski or momtwoboys-- do you remember what the charge was per night? We have the same problem-- they really just don't want to share a bed. My oldest is over 6 feel tall and likes to sleep "curled" up which doesn't leave much room in a double bed :rotfl:

We travel with an Aerobed so our teens don't have to share a bed.

We travel with an Aerobed so our teens don't have to share a bed.

Do you have trouble with security at airlines? Such as the pump for the bed? or with it making your luggage over the weight limits?

Nope, no DVC resort will provide rollaways or cots. You have to bring your own airbed (and bedding) if you need additional sleeping spaces without going over occupancy.

Thanks for the reply! We are a family of 4 so we are not over occupancy but we have a DD and a DS. We may take an air bed :thumbsup2

We took an air mattress for our son when we stayed at Pop. It was a twin and it barely fit, so don't get a larger one! I don't think any of the WDW resorts offer a roll away any more. Have a great time!

I was actually told by several Disney people both online and on the phone that did not offer cots for their rooms at all. I have told them every time that I have asked them that it will be 3 adults only in the room and we all require a separate bed, both of my brothers are somewhat heavy and will not fit comfortably in a queen bed together and I do not wish to share a bed with one of them. Our only options we were given was to get two rooms, a suite or stay deluxe with a daybed in the room.

Thanks for all of the replys everyone!! I really appreciate it. :goodvibes

Sturowski or momtwoboys-- do you remember what the charge was per night? We have the same problem-- they really just don't want to share a bed. My oldest is over 6 feel tall and likes to sleep "curled" up which doesn't leave much room in a double bed :rotfl:

If I remember correctly it was $15 a night, This was two years ago at the pops...

I was actually told by several Disney people both online and on the phone that did not offer cots for their rooms at all. I have told them every time that I have asked them that it will be 3 adults only in the room and we all require a separate bed, both of my brothers are somewhat heavy and will not fit comfortably in a queen bed together and I do not wish to share a bed with one of them. Our only options we were given was to get two rooms, a suite or stay deluxe with a daybed in the room.

When you call the resort, you get a call center that identifies itself as the resort. The call center might be in Tampa or Kansas and the CM on the phone may never have been to the resort you are calling about.

Do you have trouble with security at airlines? Such as the pump for the bed? or with it making your luggage over the weight limits?

We drive.
But the pump is built into an Aerobed, so no loose parts. And you could check on the weight before you buy one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter