ROL with a FP questions

iujen94

DIS Veteran
I’m planning to see ROL this Wednesday night (7/17) with a FP. The check in time is 8:20-8:45 for the 9:00 show. Am I fine to show up just before 8:45 to still get a good seat? Are there certain sections/areas that are better than others?

Also, does the ROL theater have concession stands (like the Fantasmic theater)? If not (or even if so), am I fine to bring in outside food and (adult) beverages with me? Thanks!

(P.S. I know that many people don’t like ROL. And I know many people don’t think you shouldn’t “waste” a FP on it. So no need to point those things out. Thanks!!)

I’m planning to see ROL this Wednesday night (7/17) with a FP. The check in time is 8:20-8:45 for the 9:00 show.
1. Am I fine to show up just before 8:45 to still get a good seat?
2. Are there certain sections/areas that are better than others?

3. Also, does the ROL theater have concession stands (like the Fantasmic theater)?
4. If not (or even if so), am I fine to bring in outside food and (adult) beverages with me? Thanks!

(P.S. I know that many people don’t like ROL. And I know many people don’t think you shouldn’t “waste” a FP on it. So no need to point those things out. Thanks!!)
1. I wouldn't. (You just never know, and you shouldn't blow the FP by waiting too long.)
2. Not really. (Sitting more toward the center of the water could be a bit "better.")
3. Nope.
4. Yes. (But, it has "cramped" seating. Not much room to eat without bumping into other guests.)

RoL-Seating-West_022517_zpsjbmibnbv.jpg

Thanks! I should have suspected there was a Robo map out there for ROL. So I’m guessing C, D and E would be the best sections? Is lower seating better than higher, or vice versa? Would arriving at 8:30 with a FP get the job done to get a decent seat?

Thanks! I should have suspected there was a Robo map out there for ROL.
1. So I’m guessing C, D and E would be the best sections?
2. Is lower seating better than higher, or vice versa?
3. Would arriving at 8:30 with a FP get the job done to get a decent seat?
1. C,D,E are the "closest," but they have concrete seating.
2. Meh. Hard concrete vs. being seated behind other heads.
3. There is no "set time" that will be "safe."
There will always be others who arrive earlier than you.
Just how early... and how many will do so on YOUR night is only a guess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter