ROFR Thread July to Sept 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, you can add days at 7 months using non home resort points!
My experience is that you can add days at 7 months with non home resort points, but they have to be a separate booking, which you can request that member services combine with your original booking, but they will still be listed as separate trips.
At least that was my understanding. Have I missed something?

My experience is that you can add days at 7 months with non home resort points, but they have to be a separate booking, which you can request that member services combine with your original booking, but they will still be listed as separate trips.
At least that was my understanding. Have I missed something?

I have had no issue adding days to my home resort bookings using other points at 7 months. As long as the days are available It has never been an issue.

I just modify the trip, add the days, chose the other contract and it uses those as well.

In. my case, I had booked all I could using my home resort points so I didn’t have enough left for more nights of the trips I was using my SSR points

I have had no issue adding days to my home resort bookings using other points at 7 months. As long as the days are available It has never been an issue.

I just modify the trip, add the days, chose the other contract and it uses those as well.

In. my case, I had booked all I could using my home resort points so I didn’t have enough left for more nights of the trips I was using my SSR points
I literally just did this: added a night to our March BRV reservation using SSR points. Have plenty of BRV points, but want to keep them handy for an 11 month booking later in the year.

Can you combine the two reservations if they were booked with two different membership but still the same room type?

Can you combine the two reservations if they were booked with two different membership but still the same room type?

No. Reservations on two memberships can’t be merged. You can ask them to note on each it’s a continuous reservation so you don’t have to change rooms.

Only trips in the same membership can be combined into one. That is why one has to transfer points first if they want to end up with a single reservation when you have more than one memberships.

Nope.... You can link them with MS. And then go to the front desk when checking in and the night before the transition. This work fine almost ALL the time. I have heard people say they had to relocate check in/check out but it is very rare.

I literally just did this: added a night to our March BRV reservation using SSR points. Have plenty of BRV points, but want to keep them handy for an 11 month booking later in the year.
I must have been doing something wrong. Will try again when the right time arrives! Thanks.

The resale prices of RIV really seem to be coming down. I saw another sold for $118 per point.

Resale restrictions playing a part or just the current economic climate?
I think these prices reflect more realistic value considering you can only use the contract at Riviera. If that’s not an issue, it could be a good value. I just think even Aulani is a better value than Riviera since you can use the points at 13 other resorts until 2062.

No. Reservations on two memberships can’t be merged. You can ask them to note on each it’s a continuous reservation so you don’t have to change rooms.

Only trips in the same membership can be combined into one. That is why one has to transfer points first if they want to end up with a single reservation when you have more than one memberships.
The last few times I've asked to combine or merge Reservations the CMs told me that they don't do that anymore as it was too much work. They now put a note on each reservation so the front desk or whoever assigns rooms knows that the persons in the room should stay and not change room.

Nope, I just had this issue at Aulani. They won't officially merge the reservations. They DID let me stay in the same room, but they wouldn't confirm it until the night before we were supposed to check out and check back in.

The last few times I've asked to combine or merge Reservations the CMs told me that they don't do that anymore as it was too much work. They now put a note on each reservation so the front desk or whoever assigns rooms knows that the persons in the room should stay and not change room.
Did you reserve under the same membership account? If so, this would be a game changer when it comes to ADRs

Nope, I just had this issue at Aulani. They won't officially merge the reservations. They DID let me stay in the same room, but they wouldn't confirm it until the night before we were supposed to check out and check back in.
How was your Aulani stay?

I just had it done this week for an October stay so they definitely will still merge into one reservation on the same membership.

The resale prices of RIV really seem to be coming down. I saw another sold for $118 per point.

You obviously have sellers who are willing to sell for less and it very well could be because of the current situation. But, of course, restrictions will make the buyer pool smaller, so its probably a combination of the two.

I think another 6 months to a year will give us an even better idea how things might settle for a long term value for the resort, especially if we see more of these deals happen. I also think that when announcements for VDH and Poly tower come out re: restrictions, that will play a role as well.

Last edited:

Personally I think it's a combination of resale restrictions and the resort is in active sales so no ROFR to control the price. We don't see the dive in VGF like we are seeing in RIV, even though it's also in active sales - although it has dropped since going into active sales. Like @Sandisw said, once other resorts are announced either with or without restrictions I think we'll get a better idea of what will happen with RIV. It's the black sheep right now so it's hard to tell.... The restrictions are a big hang up for me, but I'm not really sure why... I think it's principle more than anything - like changing the product. LOL

Did you reserve under the same membership account? If so, this would be a game changer when it comes to ADRs
Yes it was under the same membership, and in the good "old" days they would just had merged the reservations but not anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter