• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rofr by Jan 19th or closed sale by Jan 19th

Kim Gillihan

Kluvdisney
I had read on disboards that it was rofr.... then someone had called there guide and were told the contract had to be closed by Jan 19th. I went looking and found this announced on WDW News today that it is ROFR.. can I trust this information?

Any contracts that have been submitted to Disney for right of first refusal before January 19 will be grandfathered into the change, and therefore those people would be able to use their points to stay at Riviera or Reflections when they open.

I had read on disboards that it was rofr.... then someone had called there guide and were told the contract had to be closed by Jan 19th. I went looking and found this announced on WDW News today that it is ROFR.. can I trust this information?

Any contracts that have been submitted to Disney for right of first refusal before January 19 will be grandfathered into the change, and therefore those people would be able to use their points to stay at Riviera or Reflections when they open.

My broker said get them in by the 14th to ensure they go to ROFR before the 19th

I'm a little confused on this latest change as well because I keep reading different things. What contracts are going to have the restrictions, and what will those restrictions be?

Initially I read it was just Riviera contracts that are sold via resale can only stay at that resort. All other resale contracts would be good anywhere, including Riveria. But the latest I've read is that all resale contracts will have some sort of restrictions, but I'm not sure what those will be.

I'm a little confused on this latest change as well because I keep reading different things. What contracts are going to have the restrictions, and what will those restrictions be?

Initially I read it was just Riviera contracts that are sold via resale can only stay at that resort. All other resale contracts would be good anywhere, including Riveria. But the latest I've read is that all resale contracts will have some sort of restrictions, but I'm not sure what those will be.

Resale of the original 14 after the 19th will be able to book into the original 14 resorts but none of the new ones.

It actually says "effective January 19th" and that it doesn't affect contracts purchased prior to January 19th, so that means that the 18th is the last day. I'd stay on your broker and make sure it's sent over ASAP just to be sure.

It's not likely we'll stay at any of the new resorts, but you never know. Why not keep the option open if you can?

It actually says "effective January 19th" and that it doesn't affect contracts purchased prior to January 19th, so that means that the 18th is the last day. I'd stay on your broker and make sure it's sent over ASAP just to be sure.

It's not likely we'll stay at any of the new resorts, but you never know. Why not keep the option open if you can?
thats it exactly! My broker says they are working crazy hard to make everything go fast and have explained to sellers they need paperwork back in 48 hrs or less etc...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter