Rofr by Jan 19th or closed sale by Jan 19th

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by Kim Gillihan, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Kim Gillihan

Kim Gillihan Kluvdisney

I had read on disboards that it was rofr.... then someone had called there guide and were told the contract had to be closed by Jan 19th. I went looking and found this announced on WDW News today that it is ROFR.. can I trust this information?

Any contracts that have been submitted to Disney for right of first refusal before January 19 will be grandfathered into the change, and therefore those people would be able to use their points to stay at Riviera or Reflections when they open.

2. meekey7197

meekey7197 Mouseketeer

My broker said get them in by the 14th to ensure they go to ROFR before the 19th

3. Avatar

DIS Sponsor Disney Vacation Club Resales www.dvcstore.com

4. ParkHoppers

ParkHoppers DIS Veteran

People better find out for sure on this one before they buy.

5. Kim Gillihan

Kim Gillihan Kluvdisney

OK.. have offer in... hasn't been accepted.. if its meant to be it will be

TCRAIG likes this.
  6. Duchie

Duchie "Answers are the easy part, questions raise the do

I'm a little confused on this latest change as well because I keep reading different things. What contracts are going to have the restrictions, and what will those restrictions be?

Initially I read it was just Riviera contracts that are sold via resale can only stay at that resort. All other resale contracts would be good anywhere, including Riveria. But the latest I've read is that all resale contracts will have some sort of restrictions, but I'm not sure what those will be.

7. JETSDAD

JETSDAD DIS Veteran

Resale of the original 14 after the 19th will be able to book into the original 14 resorts but none of the new ones.

Duchie likes this.
  8. Kim Gillihan

Kim Gillihan Kluvdisney

OK, They countered and we came to an agreement!
    So nerve racking spending money like this!! AHH

DisneyKLN, Ben E N, JETSDAD and 3 others like this.
  9. ScubaCat

ScubaCat DIS Veteran

It actually says "effective January 19th" and that it doesn't affect contracts purchased prior to January 19th, so that means that the 18th is the last day. I'd stay on your broker and make sure it's sent over ASAP just to be sure.

It's not likely we'll stay at any of the new resorts, but you never know. Why not keep the option open if you can?

10. Kim Gillihan

Kim Gillihan Kluvdisney

thats it exactly! My broker says they are working crazy hard to make everything go fast and have explained to sellers they need paperwork back in 48 hrs or less etc...