RoFR and Delayed Closings

How does a Delayed closing impact the potential of it passing RoFR? Our AKV contract offer was just submitted to Disney. its definitely a low offer at 107pp but the seller cant close until late fall. It also doesnt have usable pts until Dec ‘21.

Last edited:
It doesn't. It will go through ROFR as any other contract and you will close on whatever date you agreed to.

It is speculated that contracts go through an initial look and pass - or go on to the next stage for further evaluation. It can take a week or more than a month (I've had both) and I don't think the closing date will be the key to the ROFR decision...it just depends on what the Mouse wants at the time.

I have done 3..two as sellers and one as a buyer. Didn’t have any impact on ROFR.

DVC has up until closing to exercise ROFR, they haven’t really done that for delayed closings. The one possible issue is the seller can back out before the closing date and you have now waisted all that time. I’m not saying it’s gonna happen, but it has a few times. Congratulations and welcome home.

We are in the same exact position with our first resale contract purchase at $108pp at AKL and a late Fall close. Doesn’t have points coming till Dec. 2021. Just sent to Disney for ROFR last week. Good luck! Hopefully we both get through with no issues!

We are in the same exact position with our first resale contract purchase at $108pp at AKL and a late Fall close. Doesn’t have points coming till Dec. 2021. Just sent to Disney for ROFR last week. Good luck! Hopefully we both get through with no issues!
I hope you all don’t have issues because I have a 100 pt with 2020 points going through at $105 pp

My 160 pt AKV contract passed yesterday as well, now the really long wait for the delayed closing in November!
Congrats! My contract went to Disney last Wednesday and I’m obsessively thinking about it. We are scheduled to close in Nov. as well, but I’ll feel much better once RoFR is done.

My 160 pt AKV contract passed yesterday as well, now the really long wait for the delayed closing in November!

I had my eye on a very similar contract to yours (if not the same?) but November just seemed like an eternity away. For some reason, AKV June contracts seem hard to come by, so mine (in ROFR now) is still delayed closing (July). Crossing my fingers...

I have an accepted offer for AK 160 points at $100 per point. Odds of Disney buying back?

My 100pt AK passed ROFR in Jan in 15days with Dec UY and full pts in 2020, 2021.

I have an accepted offer for AK 160 points at $100 per point. Odds of Disney buying back?

good luck!

I have one out there for AKV, $102 per point, 160 points. I’m hoping to hear back from ROFR tomorrow or next week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter