Rock 'N' Roller Coaster & motion sickness

Wall-E1

Dis Dad
We really want to try the Rock 'N' Roller Coaster next time we are down at Disney Studios, but we have a problem with motion sickness. Are there a lot of loops on the ride, or circles? We are fine with speed, heights, etc. Spinning is our only problem. We can't do Teacups or Mission Space, or we'll be off the rest of the day.

It did have 1 or 2 spots where it goes upside down. I found the ride to be very smooth. It shoots you out extrememly fast in the beginning though.

Its a good roller coaster ride alas my husband wouldn't ride it this time for the same reasons you have the spin. Good Luck

I think it goes too fast for you to be sick!!!! Honestly, the worst part for me is my head jerking to the side. I tried my hardest to press my head firmly up against the back, but it just wouldn't stay still. There is one upside down loop in the very beginning, and a few corkscrew turns.....nothing major. No drops to make your stomach feel sick. If you don't like it, it will be over in just 60 seconds :)

I am prone to motion sickness but I don't remember feeling any on this ride. It has been a few years since I rode it.

I also am prone to motion sickness, but I can ride the Rock 'N Roller Coaster and it doesn't make me sick.

My oldest daughter has extreme motion sickness and this did bother her quite a bit when she rode it...now she can ride big thunder, and even space mountain, if she's in the front, but not this one.

If you want advice from the Queen of Motion Sickness, I'm your gal. I cannot ride motion simulators, ever! RNR is not a problem. It is a smooth ride if you ride in the middle or near the front. If you want your brains jerked out, ride in the back. CMs have always been very accommodating when I request to ride fro the middle up to the front...trust me, there is always someone waiting to ride the back car. I agree with a previous poster--you go too fast to realize you're up side down until your right side up again!

I have ridden RnR many times and I have yet to become ill on it. I even did it a few times in a row with out any issues. I have to agree with another poster the ride is very smooth and fast. I also recommend sitting on the right as you are at the lower end of most of the corkscrews.

Take you Dramamine or Ginger pills and hope for the best. This is a not to be missed attraction. I have more of a problem riding ToT, never can seem to get off that ride without some nauseous feelings.

:sick:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter