Rock N Roll Races: support?

SheHulk

off to the (runDisney) races
Hi everybody, I have my first ever Rock N Roll half marathon next weekend in Philadelphia. They have no information on the race website that I can see about water stops, how many, how often they will be on the course, and if anything else will be offered. Anybody run these races before? What should I expect? I usually bring a couple of gels but don't carry water, I plan on grabbing that whenever I need to take a gel. TIA.

Hi everybody, I have my first ever Rock N Roll half marathon next weekend in Philadelphia. They have no information on the race website that I can see about water stops, how many, how often they will be on the course, and if anything else will be offered. Anybody run these races before? What should I expect? I usually bring a couple of gels but don't carry water, I plan on grabbing that whenever I need to take a gel. TIA.

I don't remember how many stops there were, but the half in Seattle had multiple water stops and some had a sports drink I think. I always carry my water so I ran through them but there was at least 3 or 4. They were often a mess with cups everywhere, worse than others races I've run. I don't think they had enough volunteers. There were also a couple of people that weren't official but had beer and/or water along the way too.

I've done RnR Phily twice, once when it was still the IMG race and once after it changed names. It is a really nice course and while I generally despise everything RnR stands this is the one race I think is almost worth stomaching them for. I really love Phily and you'll have a good time.

The course is very shaded after it hits the river roads so that also helps.

I've done RnR Phily twice, once when it was still the IMG race and once after it changed names. It is a really nice course and while I generally despise everything RnR stands this is the one race I think is almost worth stomaching them for. I really love Phily and you'll have a good time.

The course is very shaded after it hits the river roads so that also helps.
It looks nice! The whole Rock N Roll theme isn't really my jam but I'm hoping it will have a fun atmosphere.
I drive past much of the course on my commute home on Kelly Drive and always think it would be nice to run there. Now is my chance. On the flip side, I commute in via I-76 and commute out via Kelly Drive so this big portion of the course is right along the most aggravating parts of my commute. I'll try to block it out while I'm enjoying the scenery haha.

I ran the RnR Philly last year! Plenty of water stops - don't worry! Last year was really hot and gross, and they had a few stops with hand towels soaked in cold water in garbage cans that you could pick up while running by. That was fabulous!
You'll have a great time! I guess I was expecting more bands?, given the theme, but it was still great! Personally, more a fan of the Philadelphia Half course that winds you through more of the city streets, but I realize the relative ease with which they can close Kelly Dr and MLK Dr, vs the Center City streets. Running by the Art Museum and along the river never really gets old for me, even on training runs. Have fun!!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter