Rock ‘N’ Roller Coaster to be rethemed

This is the first news out on this and saw some speculation that the Times might have this mixed up with the plan to retheme the one at Disneyland Paris

If you notice in their map, they are not accurate with the spot for the Star Wars Hotel as much of that is for the parking lot expansion, so while it certainly might happen, I wouldn't take this report as confirmation or anything

On one hand, this would be a bummer, as I love the ride as is. On the other, it is '90s Aerosmith and, well, eventually it might be kind of awkward? I would love if they re-theme it in a similar way, where the ride itself still has the same concept but maybe they make it less specific to one band. But chances are if they re-theme, it will be a full re-theme.

I've seen it coming.
For a while now they have had just general rock music playing outside and in the gift shop vs only Aerosmith songs like it used to be.
I'm hoping it just because a general Rock N Roller Coaster vs being rethemed to something else entirely.

As PP said its very possible they are just mixed up at the moment but I do see it coming.

New York Times... lol.

Honestly, I enjoy RnR, but I don't really see how Aerosmith fits into Disney one bit. So retheming it wouldn't bother me, just don't dumb it down, Disney needs some rides like RnR and Incredicoaster/Screamin'.

My dd10 just started getting into this ride and it's all she is looking forward to next October. Let's hope it is still there then!

Honestly, I enjoy RnR, but I don't really see how Aerosmith fits into Disney one bit. So retheming it wouldn't bother me, just don't dumb it down, Disney needs some rides like RnR and Incredicoaster/Screamin'.
It is part of the Hollywood theme. Its a recording studio for Aerosmith and you are on a tour of the studio in which you then get backstage passes to their concert.

It is part of the Hollywood theme. Its a recording studio for Aerosmith and you are on a tour of the studio in which you then get backstage passes to their concert.

Where they're re-recording one of their earliest hits from like 40 years ago. LOL. That always bothered me.

It's one of those rumors that keeps popping up, and will some day turn out to be true.
I still remember the rumor that they were going to retheme it to Hanna Montana. It seems like everyone was certain that was happening.

Considering some of the things Miley Cyrus has done sense... I guess they really were better off staying with Aerosmith, ironically.

Given the nature of the ride, keeping it rock'n'roll based is probably the right thing. And, I don't see them changing the band they use. Last thing they want is moving to a flash in the pan. So, they need a group with proven staying power. Not sure any group really fits that's a real upgrade to Aerosmith.

I still remember the rumor that they were going to retheme it to Hanna Montana. It seems like everyone was certain that was happening.

Considering some of the things Miley Cyrus has done sense... I guess they really were better off staying with Aerosmith, ironically.

Given the nature of the ride, keeping it rock'n'roll based is probably the right thing. And, I don't see them changing the band they use. Last thing they want is moving to a flash in the pan. So, they need a group with proven staying power. Not sure any group really fits that's a real upgrade to Aerosmith.

They could just do a general Rock n Roll theme - get rid of having a specific band at the beginning and then it is random what song you hear. Could keep one Aerosmith song but add in other classics (Stones, etc.) but then could add some more modern ones too (they seem to have Franz Ferdinand at a lot of things lately) that you could just drop if the band is no longer popular

They could just do a general Rock n Roll theme - get rid of having a specific band at the beginning and then it is random what song you hear. Could keep one Aerosmith song but add in other classics (Stones, etc.) but then could add some more modern ones too (they seem to have Franz Ferdinand at a lot of things lately) that you could just drop if the band is no longer popular
True, but then you lose "seeing" the band in the preshow. Without the preshow, it's hard to keep the story of taking a super-limo to get to the backstage access of the concert, where you arrive at the attraction exit, which I think is very neat.

True, but then you lose "seeing" the band in the preshow. Without the preshow, it's hard to keep the story of taking a super-limo to get to the backstage access of the concert, where you arrive at the attraction exit, which I think is very neat.

yeah, that part would have to be rejiggered a bit - could still be that you are going there, just won't see the band inviting you.

A random thought that occurred to me: who’s to say that they would even keep the existing ride and not scrap it for something entirely new? They just did it with GMR. Now granted, RnR still draws a good crowd, but will it still have the same appeal when Star Wars opens and it isn’t a main draw to be park anymore? It’s in quite a big show building, so it’d be an interesting blank slate to work with

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!