• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rob and Scott's Big Fat Gay Disney Wedding-TR Pg 92; Photo Update pg 133

See - now you're just being obstinate. :sad2:

Obstinate? Perhaps. But I do recall reserving the right to become Bridezilla, Groomzilla and Gayzilla all rolled into one. So thank your lucky stars that we've only gotten to the "obstinate" phase!

:lmao:

restrained and elegant? Oh dear. I wanted something that reflects the two of us! Restrained and elegant? THAT'S not us! :lmao:

Oh well, we've already got it, so I guess we'll stick with it!

No restraints? Sigh.... Guess I better return the wedding gift!:rotfl2:

II vote for that orange in the top layer so there is less of it.... Chocolate on the bottom, yah! Lots-o-chocolate is a good rule to live by! Oh wait, we don't get to vote...... :sad2:

I was pushing for the orange/orange layer to be the bottom and the chocolate/white chocolate layer to be the middle layer. The orange one is WONDERFUL!

And I agree with the lots-o-chocolate rule. Our favors/centerpieces will also involve chocolate. ;)

Wow! Some kinda thread, huh? :rolleyes1

You are both going to so love your ceremony and reception with Disney. I've been to a very nice Disney wedding and we still go on and on about how delicious the food was. Their food theme was champagne, chocolate and raspberries, and it was carried throughout the meal. The salad had a choice of raspberry or champagne vinaigrette. The main entree was chicken or filet mignon. To die for, let me tell you. The dessert was the chocolate slipper with mousse and raspberries. They had the ice slipper with raspberry sorbet in the toe. What a production and presentation THAT was!!!

Your choices are magnificent. The cake is definitely art moderne (a bit later than deco with cleaner lines but more rounded edges). The cake topper is perfect. You both have excellent taste.

The decision to have your partner cut into the Son and Mother dance, like Rosie, brought tears to my eyes. It's perfect, isn't it?

If it matters, I too vote against the chicken dance. My cousin had a very dignified reception (hors d'ouerves only, but they were very substantial) where there was live jazz music in the background. It was so nice to be at an adult function that was celebrating something so important, without having to endure all the tacky stuff. :confused3 Not everyone likes those interactive things, eh?

Please, please take thousands of photos and share them with us! Cannot wait to see how wonderful and beautiful your day is going to be!

Wow! Some kinda thread, huh? :rolleyes1

Your choices are magnificent. The cake is definitely art moderne (a bit later than deco with cleaner lines but more rounded edges). The cake topper is perfect. You both have excellent taste.

The decision to have your partner cut into the Son and Mother dance, like Rosie, brought tears to my eyes. It's perfect, isn't it?

Please, please take thousands of photos and share them with us! Cannot wait to see how wonderful and beautiful your day is going to be!

Thank you for saying that our choices are magnificent and that we've got excellent taste. I've always thought so, too! :rotfl:

Interesting to hear about the wedding reception with the "champagne, raspberry, & chocolate" food theme. I've never heard of a "food theme" per se. I know we were shooting for "vaguely Italian" but never thought of it as a "theme" exactly, I just had never been to a family wedding where there wasn't some kind of pasta with tomato sauce. To me that's just what wedding food is, so I wanted to make sure it was there for ours. I guess that's silly and sentimental of me, but what are you gonna do.

I also was pretty adamant about having dancing at the reception. Family weddings have always meant a lot of dancing. I can remember dancing with my cousin at weddings when we were very little. Like 4 & 6 years old. And the phrase "I'll dance at your wedding" or "I'll dance at his/her wedding" is thrown around a lot in our family. Sort of shorthand for saying "You're family, I don't judge you, and will celebrate your joys with you" kind of a thing. Since I was told that a lot when I was coming out, I figured I'd better give them the chance to actually do the dancing. And when my cousin (the one I used to dance with way back when) asked if children were invited or if we were doing an "adults only" reception, I told her that I could never deny her 4 year old daughter the chance to have happy memories of dancing at a wedding. Having the family there means having ALL of the family there. Little ones too. And I look forward to dancing with my "neice". And with her mom, too.

Which brings us back to Scott dancing with my mom. It's an important symbol, I think. That mom and dad have a new son, and that Scott has a new family. And that when you're happy for someone, you dance at their wedding. The symbols are really imporant. Especially since with out any legal status, the symbols are ALL we have.

Absolutely. Symbols define our world.

Dancing at "your" wedding is a family phrase here too. It's an important one. Doesn't mean the dance has to be the chicken dance though, eh? LOL.

I thought the repeated flavors of chocolate, raspberry and champagne were very nicely done at the Disney wedding I attended.

In my family, pasta and sauce is a feature at EVERY family gathering, from christening parties to funeral gatherings, so I do understand that!

You'll have a glorious time! All the very best to both of you!

Absolutely. Symbols define our world.

Dancing at "your" wedding is a family phrase here too. It's an important one. Doesn't mean the dance has to be the chicken dance though, eh? LOL.

In my family, pasta and sauce is a feature at EVERY family gathering, from christening parties to funeral gatherings, so I do understand that!

Are you sure you and I aren't related? :lmao:

Well, you never know do you? LOL. Are you originally from the northeast? :yay:

Perhaps it's just the cohort group effect, eh? :rotfl:

Well, you never know do you? LOL. Are you originally from the northeast? :yay:

Perhaps it's just the cohort group effect, eh? :rotfl:

Well, my Dad's family (the full blooded Irish side) is originally from the Boston area.

My Mom's family (Sicilian and Slovenian) hail from Southern Colorado. Since they're the pasta and sauce side of the family, I'm guessing it's just the cohort group effect, thingy.

(and now I'm off to Google "cohort group effect" :surfweb: )

Thanks so much for posting here about the process. I would love to do a wedding at WDW, but honestly, it's more money than we would ever freely part with for a non-legally recognized event, I am not even sure if it was legal if we would do it. We have such a small family and so few friends that we would want to share the event with that it also just doesn't make much sense.

I am enjoying the chance to see it all unfold without the pain in the wallet. lol I wish you guys all the happiness in the world.

Errrrmmmm my biological Dad was the full blooded Irish side too. My Mom is the Italian. Errrrmmmm Calabrian. No Slovenian though, although I do have a Polish Aunt. (Married one of my mother's brother's during WWII).

Small world, huh? LOLOLOL.

Errrrmmmm my biological Dad was the full blooded Irish side too. My Mom is the Italian. Errrrmmmm Calabrian. No Slovenian though, although I do have a Polish Aunt. (Married one of my mother's brother's during WWII).

Small world, huh? LOLOLOL.

It is indeed. Do people ask you if you have a really bad temper when you tell them you're an Italian/Irish mix?

:lmao:

I get that question ALL the time!

Usually they don't have to ask. :rotfl2: Ok. Ok. Yep, I get that question all the time too. LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter