RO reservation; different CC at initial reservation and OCI, which will be used to pay for the room?

cwis

DIS Veteran
We have used some CC to make the initial RO reservation, and another CC in the online check-in process.

I know that sometimes (usually? always?), WDW does use a CC to pay for the remainder of the room on the night before check-in. In this case, which one will be used?

(I feel stupid asking this as it seems obvious that the CC used in the OCI will be the one that will be paying for the remainder, though I wasn't able to find a confirmation this is going to be the case. Sorry if this has already been asked & answered, I did search first before posting!)

We have used some CC to make the initial RO reservation, and another CC in the online check-in process.

I know that sometimes (usually? always?), WDW does use a CC to pay for the remainder of the room on the night before check-in. In this case, which one will be used?

(I feel stupid asking this as it seems obvious that the CC used in the OCI will be the one that will be paying for the remainder, though I wasn't able to find a confirmation this is going to be the case. Sorry if this has already been asked & answered, I did search first before posting!)

The one linked to your MDE account during Online Check In.

Just to add to @dansdad's post above. Disney will only charge your CC on file if you do OCI, then Disney charges this CC before 8 AM on your arrival date. If you don't complete OCI, then when you check-in at the Front desk any remaining balance is due.

Dave

Just to add to @dansdad's post above. Disney will only charge your CC on file if you do OCI, then Disney charges this CC before 8 AM on your arrival date. If you don't complete OCI, then when you check-in at the Front desk any remaining balance is due.

Dave

Thanks for clarifying, I already knew that but they charged the remainder only if OCI had been completed (I just wasn't sure which card would be used, though it wouldn't have made much sense to use the “reservation” CC), but it might be helpful to others.

Even though we don't really need to do online check-in (we are traveling from abroard so we still need to queue for check-in to get our Magic Bands), OCI still speeds up the time we spend for "administrative purposes", so it's nice to know that they WILL use the CC we will give to them during OCI.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter