RNR giftshop

ukcatfan

DIS Veteran
Just wanted to share my experience at the RNR giftshop yesterday morning (2/2/03). My family had to do a baby swap because two of our three girls are too small. One child (age 1)was in a stroller and the other (age 5) was walking. We had been there waiting where people come off the ride exit for about fifteen minutes. We had even talked to the woman writing down picture numbers for guests when my wife and daughter came out. I walked my one daughter to my wife to let her look at the pictures with her and her older sister and walked back to the youngest in the stroller. They were all three just standing there in a row looking at the pictures when another employee that I had not even seen in the fifteen minutes that we were there yells towards my kids who were not even facing her, "If you are waiting for your family to exit, you have wait back here." I could tell they heard her but were not waiting for their family so they did nothing. She then yells, "Girls you have to wait back here for your family." They still did not respond because they did not think she was talking to them (remember the oldest rode the ride). She then took of towards them and I had to stop her right before she grabbed my kids. She started going off on me about not controlling my kids and how I was putting them in danger by letting them go in there. I then pointed out that they were right by my wife, were just standing there looking, and that the oldest was a rider. Even after I pointed out her mistake, she still kept laying into me about how my kids did not listen to her and how bad of a parent I was. I told her that she had made a mistake and to leave us alone. She still kept on about how she could call security and make us leave because our kids would not follow the rules. I had to raise my voice and tell her to go. She just stormed off and said I was rude. I unfortunately did not catch her name and she disappeared to the back. I then left the youngest kids with my wife in the store and rode myself. She came back out after I left and lectured the picture girl about how to control bad kids by the pictures. I think she finally realized how wrong she was because as soon as she saw me exit the ride, she disappeared again. I really wish I could have found out her name because I have never been treated like that before in over thirty trips to WDW.

How unfortunate for this situation. It did not have to happen. Once you explained she should have apologized then backed off. But I guess she was ambarassed and had to make a point. During my many visits to WDW we have NEVER encountered an UN Disney like CM. I am so sorry for your experiance and hope that it did not ruin the rest of you stay.

Wow. I can't believe she was so rude. It is too bad you didn't get her name because IMO she should be reported.

That's a shame. She could have at least been understanding about it. Could she not see your wife? That CM sounds like a power junkie to me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter