Riviera Standard Studios

Drewferin

DIS Veteran
Well as I've been watching Riviera Standard Deluxe Studios and it appears these are like AKV Value rooms. It seems these rooms are all booked the moment the window opens in Dec. I do realize that the resort is only 30%ish released as current DVC inventory, but the art of walking will continue to be an issue for these rooms. If your thinking of buying Riviera I suggest that you dont plan on getting a Standard view Deluxe Studio but instead buy enough points for a Preferred view Deluxe Studio...

Last edited:
Yes, they are going pretty fast right now for the fall time which is a very popular time,

You have to be on right at 8 am but by 8:05 am, they are gone. It will be interesting to see if that still happens once we get to mid January when demand goes down a bit.

Yeah, I am glad I own there and have been able to get the two I needed for next year.

I plan to waitlist a standard studio for 3 nights in September. Hoping more inventory gets deposited between now and then.

Well as I've been watching Riviera Standard Studios and it appears these are like AKV Value rooms. It seems these rooms are all booked the moment the window opens. I do realize that the resort is only 30%ish released as current DVC inventory, but the art of walking will continue to be an issue for these rooms. If your thinking of buying Riviera I suggest that you dont plan on getting a Standard Studio but instead buy enough points for a Deluxe Studio...
I didn’t even know there was a standard studio there. I honestly thought that the only studios at Riviera were Tower and then Deluxe, with Deluxe having either standard view or preferred view. Oops!

I didn’t even know there was a standard studio there. I honestly thought that the only studios at Riviera were Tower and then Deluxe, with Deluxe having either standard view or preferred view. Oops!

That is what they have.Tower, standard view and preferred view.

December is a tough time of year to find availability in most resorts for standard view studios. I thought I could start to walk a Christmas reservation without much trouble at Riviera since it's only around 13% sold and 30% declared DVC. I was just surprized to that the Deluxe standard view Studios were gone in less than a couple seconds at Riviera.

Happy to report I was successful in grabbing a room and hence started my Christmas walk. This post was more to inform people not to think you could easily get a Riviera Deluxe Standard view Studio.

Every studio is a "deluxe studio." That's the label Disney uses for every last one. Even AKV Value is a "deluxe studio."

Many years ago the studios were just studios. Then on a single day, and apparently to create a new sales tool, all studios became "Deluxe" studios though absolutely nothing changed in the rooms.

I mean, when a hamburger becomes a hamburger deluxe, don't they usually add a slice of lettuce or something?!

Looking at Riviera for next January, do you think booking or renting points for then will be a problem for a standard view studio?

Just to add some data to the conversation - In total, there are 67 standard view studios (119 preferred). Of those 67, only 9 are dedicated studios. The rest are part of a 2BR lockoff. (On the Preferred side, 29 of those 119 studios are dedicated.)

So the number of Standard studios at Riviera is slightly greater (15 rooms, or 12%) than the number of standard studios at Boardwalk, but the total number of studios at Riviera is 25% fewer than at Boardwalk.

Given the numbers, I suspect that getting a standard studio at Riviera will be an ongoing rarity at 7 months - even after all rooms have been declared.

Steve

Looking at Riviera for next January, do you think booking or renting points for then will be a problem for a standard view studio?

Renting is going to be problematic for a while for Riviera, based on all recent new resorts. People buy in and tend to use their points. At 7 months, when all points can book, many owners use their own points to stay, or at least aren't going to enter the fray for an 8AM booking. Standard studios are always going to be hard to get at RIV save in home resort.

On the Value Studios they don't call them deluxe, though every other studio is.

Agree with that. I don't remember exactly when the "Deluxe" branding occurred. But the Value studios were specifically excluded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!