Riviera or Contemporary

Shibafam2011

Earning My Ears
We are going to WDW in February with our two year old. We are booked at the Contemporary but I am super interested in the Riviera and want to know others opinions of the resorts and where you might stay. Which resort do you/would you prefer, Riviera or Contemporary?

Another vote for the Contemporary. Love that place. The pool area is so chill. Solid restaurants at the resort or nearby. In normal times, it's so awesome to be able to walk to MK or catch the monorail to another resort or transfer to Epcot. Catch a boat to Fort Wilderness or Wilderness Lodge.... For me, it's a classic Disney experience and my kids love it.

Unless the actual room configuration of whatever Riv villa/room type you're looking at suits your needs better than what will just be a basic hotel room layout at CR, then I also vote CR. At that age it's really hard to downplay the convenience of being able to walk to MK and having the monorail there in case you wanted to take a spin around the other monorail resorts for dining (usually more of a benefit when everything is open, but it's still a benefit now). At that age we spent a lot of time at MK - having 100% control over your access to/from MK is really, really nice.

One knock I'll give CR with a 2-year old is no zero entry pool - that was something we always sought out at that particular age. They also only have a really dinky kids water/squirt area, which you may find you like better for a 2-year old.... but it in no way compares to the elaborately themed kid's splash areas at other resorts and the one at Riv. But at 2 and it being Feb, you may be borderline in how much the pool/water amenities really matter.

Riviera is a beautiful resort. But, in my opinion, if you want an authentic Disney experience, stay at a monorail resort. Contemporary is my monorail resort of choice. You made the right decision.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter