Riverside Painting Project

jaguar9748

DIS Veteran
Leaving for Riverside Sunday. Due to a bad stay at POFQ in May, Disney had arranged for us to stay in POR's Building 14. Received a call from Disney today that POR's Buildings 14 and 15 will be painted within the next week. According to Disney, it is a very involved painting project. As a result, we're staying in 16. I'll definitely find out more about the painting project during my visit and will give a report when we get back. 3 days and counting to our favorite resort...:p :p :p :p :p

Have you ever stayed in Alligator Bayou before - I was thinking about building 14 and was wondering what it would be like......

We were there all last week and in building 14, excellent location, so close to everything. At the same time, they were painting building 18, which is right next door to 14 along the main pathway nearest the river. All I could tell was they were painting the entire outside of the buildings, don't think they were inside the rooms but I could be wrong. Looked good on the outside anyway. No difference in colors really, just fresh coat.

Did you request 16? It is farther from the river and closer to the parking lot (as well as the bus stop which is a plus) though there are so many trees, there aren't really any bad views. Building 18 is next to 14 and parts of 18 are probably closer to the food court than 16 and 18 is freshly painted. Just some thoughts.

I'm so jealous, have a magical time!

Tammy

Spoisal - I've stayed in Building 14 twice and love it. I'm kinda bummed out that I won't be there this time. :rolleyes: It's closest to the main building and second closest to the main bus stop (15 is closer). I would definitely request 14 and then 15.

Tammy - Thanks for the suggestion of 18. Unfortunately it is a smoking optional building and since one never knows it's not worth the aggravation. We stayed in 16 once before and it was fine. At least I know about it in advance so I can prepare. :smooth:

We'll just ensure that we ask for Building 14 for our Christmas stay. :p

I forgot about building 18 being smoking optional. Unfortunately, during our stay it seems bldg 14 was smoking optional as well. :(

I mentioned it to a CM and told them I wouldn't report anything unless it interfered with our enjoyment of the room. It honestly didn't so I let it slide. I really don't want to offend any smokers but I was kinda bummed at all the smoking in many of the public areas like around the pools and in the parks, in places other than special designated areas. Our visit to the POFQ pool had the odor of a cigar over the entire pool area. Didn't see any enforcement within the smoke-free areas at any time during our visit.

Oh well, we survived. ;)

Tammy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter