River of Lights Dining Package

hswillia07

DIS Veteran
Hi guys! Not sure if I'm posting this in the best spot...

I currently have a reservation for Tusker House and it was always my hope to switch it to the River of Lights Dining Package, which I can now hopefully do (yay!). My current dining time is not available for the package on MDE, so is the only way to convert it to the package to speak with dining on the phone? The wait is over 30 minutes and it's long distance for me, so I'm looking for another route to take.

Thanks so much!

I had a reservations for Tiffins made a few months ago. I booked Dining package online today and it canceled my old reservation.

Hi guys! Not sure if I'm posting this in the best spot...

I currently have a reservation for Tusker House and it was always my hope to switch it to the River of Lights Dining Package, which I can now hopefully do (yay!). My current dining time is not available for the package on MDE, so is the only way to convert it to the package to speak with dining on the phone? The wait is over 30 minutes and it's long distance for me, so I'm looking for another route to take.

Thanks so much!

Since it can be booked online, the question is why isn't it available ...
- Is it in the required time frame they allow?
- Is it on a date there is no show (it's not every night)?
- Is it sold out for your date?
- Is it sold out for your time frame?

I would think if you can't find what you want online, and it's a valid date/time frame ... then you would need to call and see if they are willing to adjust your current reservation. Depending on why you can't book ... you many not be able to change it as there are only so many tickets allowed per show per restaurant.

Thanks guys! It seems like I'll have to deal with the hold time and talk to someone. Hoping it works out :) Thanks again!

Is there an alternate time available online to book for the package that works for you? If so, I would book that ASAP. Then try and get a more optimal time, which you can keep doing.

Also it does say online the dining time has to be at least 3 hours before the show. Our original reservation was 5pm and I was able to book the dining package for 4:55pm. ROL is 8:45pm that night. Let us know what they tell you.

As soon as I saw the announcement today I rushed to find Tusker House ROL package reservations for our March trip since I knew they would book up fast. For our party of 7 I was able to get a table for 4 and table for 3 (not one table of 7 unfortunately) for 10:50am. Anybody have a success story of combining tables if you politely ask a little before the reservation time?

Is there an alternate time available online to book for the package that works for you? If so, I would book that ASAP. Then try and get a more optimal time, which you can keep doing.

Thanks for that - it prompted me to go back in and check times. While the time I want still isn't available, more times opened up - so I'm going to keep checking. Thanks!

Also it does say online the dining time has to be at least 3 hours before the show. Our original reservation was 5pm and I was able to book the dining package for 4:55pm. ROL is 8:45pm that night. Let us know what they tell you.

I will ask! I think it's at 9pm on our day, so our 6pm reservation should work. I'll ask about this...if I ever get through...lol

I also had some ADR's during the last 10 or so days at Tusker and Tiffins and was able to change over to the dinning package easily, it will prompt you to cancel your existing res but it does hold it till you finish. You will not lose your original until you confirm the new one. Unless Stitch eats your page ..and then all bets are off!

What's interesting is that one says
Tusker House Restaurant Dinner - ROL 1st Show
and the other says
Tiffins Restaurant Dinner -ROL 1st Viewing

On those days in late May it does show AK open till 10 or 11

Okay, I just got through. So, the night in question - the show starts at 9:15pm, I already had a Tusker House reservation for 6pm. When I called, they offered me a time slot of 4:35pm only, but I had been offered 6:45pm on the website. When I asked about that, she did offer me the 6:45pm. I think they like to give you as much time as possible inbetween your reservation and show time. You need to arrive between 15 and 35 minutes prior to showtime. I went with the 6:45pm reservation...maybe we will feel too rushed, but we're going to be at other parks during the day (our last park day of the trip), so I didn't want to be rushed. Hopefully it works out. I'm just excited that we get to see the show:) Thanks all for your help and opinions!

Last edited:
I was about to ask the same question about my PPO ADR at tusker house on 2-28. It isn't available online. Hopefully I can add the package to it if I call. How much extra $ is it?

I note that the Rivers of Light also has a breakfast package and it looks like it is available at 8am. I am wondering once Pandora opens if you could do morning breakfast via Rivers of Light Dining Package and score some preferred seating for the show. Also could you get out before park opening and head over to Pandora to beat the opening rush? If so, this would be a good value.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!