Rise of the Resistance...ride discussion (spoilers)

It does move and rumble. There must have been an issue when during your experience.

Dang glad to know. The whole time I was in there I was like, is this suppose to move or have motion effects? It definitely took me out of the moment for a minute. Well that was the only issue on my experience. I am still lucky since it's still hit or miss on if you will even get the two pre shows (Rey & BB-8) and the mentioned transport ship. Still just an amazing ride!

Last edited:
Dang glad to know. The whole time I was in there I was like, is this suppose to move or have motion effects? It definitely took me out of the moment for a minute. Well that was the only issue on my experience. I am still lucky since it's still hit or miss on if you will even get the two pre shows (Rey & BB-8) and the mentioned transport ship. Still just an amazing ride!
You can also experience the ride without the Kylo animatronic. He’s flying outside the windows in a TIE fighter when that happens. We’ve ridden it several times, and only had that happen once. We’ve never experienced any other issues (knock on wood - don’t want to jinx any future trips!).

You can also experience the ride without the Kylo animatronic. He’s flying outside the windows in a TIE fighter when that happens. We’ve ridden it several times, and only had that happen once. We’ve never experienced any other issues (knock on wood - don’t want to jinx any future trips!).

I heard that the ride has a few variations. I got the A version where you get the Kylo Animatronic and him cutting through the floor with his lightsaber and then the wall blowing up behind him. I might have to YouTube the other versions to see what they were like. There is are two different escape routes going through the AT-AT room, different events with Kylo (animatronics or virtual TIE fighter), different ending and dialogue with Finn (one sounds like a bad ending). All these things make the attraction fun to ride multiple times!

I heard that the ride has a few variations. I got the A version where you get the Kylo Animatronic and him cutting through the floor with his lightsaber and then the wall blowing up behind him. I might have to YouTube the other versions to see what they were like. There is are two different escape routes going through the AT-AT room, different events with Kylo (animatronics or virtual TIE fighter), different ending and dialogue with Finn (one sounds like a bad ending). All these things make the attraction fun to ride multiple times!
Yep, we’ve done both escape routes. I prefer the elevator one, but both are cool. I’m pretty certain we’ve done all A and B mode versions, but I’m always up for checking to make sure we haven’t missed anything!

I've only gone once at WDW, but have 2 opportunities coming up at DL. Hopefully I'll get to see some of the different versions you all are talking about. And I agree, having the variations definitely make it more exciting.

Yep, we’ve done both escape routes. I prefer the elevator one, but both are cool. I’m pretty certain we’ve done all A and B mode versions, but I’m always up for checking to make sure we haven’t missed anything!

I will have to wait until the end of next year to try again :(. But hopefully by then Disney World will be 100% back to normal with shows, character meet and greets etc.

I rode Rise once on July 10th during my four day Disney World solo trip. The ride lived up to expectations and THEN some just an amazing experience for a Star Wars fan like myself. I got lucky in that I got a boarding group at 7 AM that day and then got the whole experience on the ride (pre shows and all). One question, during the part where you are on the transport ship are there suppose to be like motion/ rumble effects? Like we are suppose to be flying in a transport ship with Beck and then get caught by a tractor beam before going into the Star Destroyer with the Stormtroppers. Just seems like a missed opportunity to make that section of the ride feel more immersive if it doesn't have effects.

It does move and rumble. There must have been an issue when during your experience.

Just wanted to report on this. Rode in early July and a couple of times this past week (most recent was yesterday) and each time the transport ship didn't have the proper "motion." You feel the initial start (I assume the turntable actually starting to move, or maybe just my mind playing tricks on me) but then after that, no bumps or movement. If I didn't know what to expect it's not something I'd really notice/pay much attention to, but it does take away a bit of the fun/realism of that particular part of the ride. Something must be up with it.

So our son and family are taking us to Disney shortly. Yes, paying LOL. They love the whole Galaxy’s Edge experience down to the 3 year old. I can’t stand being in an elevator. I am reading about being closed in and dark and it is starting to freak me out. Is this where Mimi tells everyone else to have a great time? Advice….:furious:

I too am terribly claustrophobic. There are many rides I won’t go on because of this. I copped out of ROTR the first day, but decided “what the heck” the second time. I was fine, but didn’t really enjoy it, only because I’m not a Star Wars person. I have never done Star Tours & won’t go on the “ball” again. Just do what you’re comfortable doing, but maybe push yourself a tiny bit just to test your limits! I despise elevators & used to avoid them. I’ve made myself ride in them & Im still nervous (& very much the brunt of my family’s jokes! ) but have gotten much better. My very worst nightmare is that I’d be stuck on a ride & just the thought of that happening takes away from my overall enjoyment of DW. But I keep going anyway!

Daughter and I are both somewhat claustrophobic and neither of us had any problem with the Galaxy's Edge rides.
If anyone suggests you walk through the tunnels on Tom Sawyer Island, you will want to decline. And be thankful Stitch's Great Escape is gone!

Also, at Epcot do not go on Mission Space, that's the ride that I can't do, way too claustrophobic! I don't like closed in spaces. I can do all the galaxy's edge rides as well as star tours though, and I'm fine on elevators.

I too am terribly claustrophobic. There are many rides I won’t go on because of this. I copped out of ROTR the first day, but decided “what the heck” the second time. I was fine, but didn’t really enjoy it, only because I’m not a Star Wars person. I have never done Star Tours & won’t go on the “ball” again. Just do what you’re comfortable doing, but maybe push yourself a tiny bit just to test your limits! I despise elevators & used to avoid them. I’ve made myself ride in them & Im still nervous (& very much the brunt of my family’s jokes! ) but have gotten much better. My very worst nightmare is that I’d be stuck on a ride & just the thought of that happening takes away from my overall enjoyment of DW. But I keep going anyway!

What's the "ball"?

I rode Rise once on July 10th during my four day Disney World solo trip. The ride lived up to expectations and THEN some just an amazing experience for a Star Wars fan like myself. I got lucky in that I got a boarding group at 7 AM that day and then got the whole experience on the ride (pre shows and all). One question, during the part where you are on the transport ship are there suppose to be like motion/ rumble effects? Like we are suppose to be flying in a transport ship with Beck and then get caught by a tractor beam before going into the Star Destroyer with the Stormtroppers. Just seems like a missed opportunity to make that section of the ride feel more immersive if it doesn't have effects.
Just wanted to report on this. Rode in early July and a couple of times this past week (most recent was yesterday) and each time the transport ship didn't have the proper "motion." You feel the initial start (I assume the turntable actually starting to move, or maybe just my mind playing tricks on me) but then after that, no bumps or movement. If I didn't know what to expect it's not something I'd really notice/pay much attention to, but it does take away a bit of the fun/realism of that particular part of the ride. Something must be up with it.

Glad to see others noticed this. We rode in Feb 2020, and again on July 11th and 15th this year. This year in the transport ship there was no movement to speak of, I could just feel the rotation at the beginning (I think) and then at the end before the doors open again (I could have sworn I felt it twice the second ride, but possibly all of the rotation was at once). I had thought there was simulated flying and then evasive motion from Feb 2020, but was second guessing myself and thinking maybe I was remembering wrong. It sounds like something was not working correctly this trip, which is (in a way I guess) good because it really felt like the ride needed the motion simulation feel for that portion, It was a little lackluster without it.

Glad to see others noticed this. We rode in Feb 2020, and again on July 11th and 15th this year. This year in the transport ship there was no movement to speak of, I could just feel the rotation at the beginning (I think) and then at the end before the doors open again (I could have sworn I felt it twice the second ride, but possibly all of the rotation was at once). I had thought there was simulated flying and then evasive motion from Feb 2020, but was second guessing myself and thinking maybe I was remembering wrong. It sounds like something was not working correctly this trip, which is (in a way I guess) good because it really felt like the ride needed the motion simulation feel for that portion, It was a little lackluster without it.

Rode a couple of weeks ago. First attempt the ride went down just before we entered the transport ship and we were issued recovery fast passes. Was back up later in the day and when I rode I noticed the same as you… was remembering more movement, or I thought I did!

During my stay, I noticed it did go down off and on… wonder if the issue was the transport ship?

Last edited:
Probably Spaceship Earth at Epcot.
Yup, I think that’s “the ball” lol

I am prone to claustrophobia, also but have really tried to work on desensitizing myself. I absolutely love Spaceship Earth but had to work my way up to it… I definitely see where it is a challenge if you are claustrophobic! No issues with anything in Galaxy's Edge, though.

Mission Space is the one ride left I won’t even attempt, despite my daughters continuing harassment lol

Yea I rode it on July 10th and the transport ship had no motion effects. It was weird and took me out of the immersion of the ride for a few mins. The rest of the experience with great and the cast members who were playing First Order and Resistance members were spot on!

Yea I rode it on July 10th and the transport ship had no motion effects. It was weird and took me out of the immersion of the ride for a few mins. The rest of the experience with great and the cast members who were playing First Order and Resistance members were spot on!
We go back in September, and I hope we get a BG. I’m going to record my experience on the shuttle! And then if there is no movement, I’m going to ask CMs what the correct protocol is for it. My group has ridden it multiple times, and I’ve surveyed them, and every one has said it is supposed to move - I, for one, have actually fallen into someone because I wasn’t holding on to a hand rail. But y’all are making me second guess myself!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter