Rise of the Resistance experience *Ride Spoilers* (Photos on Pg. 5)

bethwc101

DIS Veteran
With the thread existing for boarding group info and SWGE thread, I thought it might be a good idea to create a thread for people who have ridden the ride to talk about their experience without giving it away to those who might be browsing the other threads but don't want the ride spoiled for them.

Note: This thread is FILLED with spoilers. Continue reading at your own risk. :earboy2:

Last edited:
With the thread existing for boarding group info and SWGE thread, I thought it might be a good idea to create a thread for people who have ridden the ride to talk about their experience without giving it away to those who might be browsing the other threads but don't want the ride spoiled for them.
Funny I was thinking the same thing the other day..... *Ride Spoilers*
For those that have had the good fortune of riding...

We are interested in details and your opinion!!

Geemo

I got to ride it in WDW. If anyone ever went on the Star trek experience in Las Vegas this ride reminds me of this. It's very immersive - feels like more than a ride. To me it's going to be a ride like Radiator springs - all ages are going to Love it!

I will also say that the all the youtube videos of the ride don't do it justice.

Looking forward to ride it again in April.
If you have specific questions I'll try and answer. I only went on it once so I can share what I remember.

My one tip for those going is to take your time and take in All parts of the ride. I wish we had stayed longer in the storm trooper room - we felt rushed but there was no need.

I like this thread. I appreciate that people will point out things to look for...like the trooper room. I hope to ride at least once and it might be a few years before we get back.

I saw the ride on youtube and it reminds me of the transformers ride at Universal. I like that one, so hopefully I will like this.

Pamela, thanks for that tip! Exactly 35 days till we are there! To say we are excited doesnt come close!

How much is motion simulator? I cannot ride Star Tours because of the motion simulator stuff.

As I understand it, the "motion simulator" part of is is fairly short, and you do that part standing up, so it isn't even enough motion to where you would need to be seated and belted in.

I had a chance to ride it in WDW last week, and I'm hoping to ride next weekend at DLR. We were very lucky and were one of the last groups to get the full ride experience on our day. We also had a pretty seamless experience only waiting about 10 minutes in one of the rooms. The ride breaks down a lot, and WDW was running it without some of the elements working (the Kylo animatronics and the entire transport part on some days) a lot. I had to watch the video to make sure we hadn't missed anything.

The ride was amazing. We've been to all the Disney Parks world wide, and when running seamlessly, I think it is the best of all the parks in the "experience" category. It's NOT a thrill ride, which threw me a little. (For that my tops are still Tron, Incredicoaster, and Guardians). The "wow" moments are more about the scale, immersion and for me (who saw the original when I was 9 the first weekend) nostalgia that can't be topped. It basically combines the best of other worldwide Disney rides in one. There is the scale of Shanghai Pirates in the storm trooper and AT room, and the trackless fun of Mystic Manor (HK), Ratatouille (Paris), and Pooh's honey pot (Tokyo). The drop was oversold, so don't worry about that. As far as the motion simulator, I found it pretty tame. As PP said, you are standing for that part. If you can handle Falcon or Star Tours there should be no problem.

How much is motion simulator? I cannot ride Star Tours because of the motion simulator stuff.
I can't do star tours either and I was fine on ROTR. There is small part that is a simulator ride. If you can handle the movement of a bus, metro or train you'll be fine. You will be standing in the simulator so they can't make the movements too intense.
The simulator part isn't the "main" ride.

The actual ride is pretty smooth but fast and moves in all directions - motion is similar to Toy Story Mania but no tracks so you don't know where you are going.

The ride was amazing. We've been to all the Disney Parks world wide, and when running seamlessly, I think it is the best of all the parks in the "experience" category. It's NOT a thrill ride, which threw me a little. (For that my tops are still Tron, Incredicoaster, and Guardians). The "wow" moments are more about the scale, immersion and for me (who saw the original when I was 9 the first weekend) nostalgia that can't be topped. It basically combines the best of other worldwide Disney rides in one. There is the scale of Shanghai Pirates in the storm trooper and AT room, and the trackless fun of Mystic Manor (HK), Ratatouille (Paris), and Pooh's honey pot (Tokyo). The drop was oversold, so don't worry about that. As far as the motion simulator, I found it pretty tame. As PP said, you are standing for that part. If you can handle Falcon or Star Tours there should be no problem.
Agree!!! Though I haven't been to any of the parks overseas. I have very strong memories of standing in line to see the original Star Wars and this ride though it has Kylor Ren in has the essance and WOW of the first movie.

The drop was oversold, so don't worry about that. As far as the motion simulator, I found it pretty tame. As PP said, you are standing for that part. If you can handle Falcon or Star Tours there should be no problem.

How is the drop? I can barely do splash. Is it more like the drop on Pirates?Also, I can't do Star Tours, Canada or France movie and can barely do Soar'N. Do think I would be fine on this? I can stand on a moving bus and be fine. I don't think it is the movement for me. It is the screen that i have issues with.

How is the drop? I can barely do splash. Is it more like the drop on Pirates?Also, I can't do Star Tours, Canada or France movie and can barely do Soar'N. Do think I would be fine on this? I can stand on a moving bus and be fine. I don't think it is the movement for me. It is the screen that i have issues with.
It's less intense than Pirates. It's a VERY controlled drop of 4-5 feet. I was actually underwhelmed with that part as I was expecting a huge drop!

As I understand it, the "motion simulator" part of is is fairly short, and you do that part standing up, so it isn't even enough motion to where you would need to be seated and belted in.
There’s some motion simulator in the ride vehicle. It’s at the end where the drop is.

As others have stated, the drop is really tame. Sounds like the motion part might be tough for you, but I can't say way or the other whether you could handle. That will be a game day decision for you. Maybe closing your eyes during simulator parts would help if it's not movement? No idea, but good luck whatever you decide.

I was too busy anticipating the drop I don't recall the simulator on this part. Now I have to go on it again. LOL
Me, too, LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!