Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got up early for conference. Gch line was 5 min.

In line 720 in esplanade as usual. Already letting in already today so line only back to midesplanade. Middle middle opened too. So get to the right of the middle line and just after the monorail planter split to the right as that splits again into gates 18 and 19 as your target

this was our line and there was no one in front of the planter!

Tried from home again just now for Disneyland ROTR and after closing/opening the app at 7:58, neither Join a Boarding Group nor the pull-down My Status option worked. I had to force quit and re-open the app to get anything to show up, and by then it was already at standby lines.

This same scenario happened to me a few weekends ago at the park and I got Group 99. Not sure exactly WHY this happened, though? Other times I've gone on the ride this worked just fine... just luck of the draw?

Weird , been playing along at home for a little while now prepping for our upcoming trip in a little over a week . No problems so far .
This morning , it was different .........
I never got a join boarding group red tab , or nothing on my status to join for about 30-45 seconds . As soon as it did appear, it was already in back-ups ??? I kept resetting, backed out , turned off the app, etc .......nothing worked , till back-ups started ! I have great internet at home , on an iphone 8 plus ??? This is the first time I have had the atomic clock running in the background ....... maybe the prob ?
Wondering if anyone else had something similar this morning ?
This is making me nervous when we get to DL now . At least we will have 5 trys/days to get a boarding pass !
I dont really care about even getting a back-up if its a lower number as we are staying at GC all week , so we can easily plan around a call to board . Still nervous as to what happened this morning !
Back-ups still up at 15 minutes after !

Last edited:
They dropped the rope early so we started walking to Galaxy’s Edge. We stopped at 7:59 right at the entrance and my phone finally lit up! I beat the 9 year old and got us BG 12.

The last two days i started from the “find out more” page and couldn’t get in while my son was in the page that says “my status” and he got them so i tried that today and my button turned red and i got in right away.

Tried from home again just now for Disneyland ROTR and after closing/opening the app at 7:58, neither Join a Boarding Group nor the pull-down My Status option worked. I had to force quit and re-open the app to get anything to show up, and by then it was already at standby lines.

This same scenario happened to me a few weekends ago at the park and I got Group 99. Not sure exactly WHY this happened, though? Other times I've gone on the ride this worked just fine... just luck of the draw?

this is pretty much what happened to us, my husband and I both!

After doing this for three days, this is my biggest tip:
Have someone in your group download the AtomicClock - NTP Time app on their phone. Have that open at the same time as the person getting the BG. Already have the DL app open and on the “my status”/“join boarding group” page. RIGHT AT 8:00:00 click on “my status” and then “join boarding group”. This has gotten us BG 14, 16 & 26.

i have an iPhone.

I am at home and I played along. I closed the app at 758 at 8 i opened the app skipped the fireworks and got the join boarding group to turn red before it said they were on backups. I like to think i would have gotten a regular boarding group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!