Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
...and it's not just about people who can't/ won't research... it's about people that are not good with technology.

I appreciate this post because it shows a real-world example of how ridiculous this all is!!!!

Thank you.... my parents told me a million times that if it weren’t for me, they never would’ve been able to ride. My mom is a huge researcher.... when we went to WDW in 2000, she did tons of research and we had a fabulous vacation. So her struggle to get a BG on her own wouldn’t have anything to do with lack of research. She’s terrible with technology and quite frankly my dad thought the entire thing was ridiculous. He was losing patience and he wasn’t even responsible for anything. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Anyway.... the tips on this board helped immensely and when my mom started jumping up and down and cheering when I scored a BG, it made it all worthwhile! I’ve been thinking about that family I spoke with last night wondering if they got a BG today!

Really? You're asking how this process could possibly be considered ridiculous when people are freaking out, stressed out, and anxious with the prospect? Obsessed with researching a single ride distribution system and a 6000 post forum topic? And then the possibility to ride a ride at Disneyland comes and goes within 60 seconds? OF COURSE it's ridiculous! Some people following this thread reported that this whole process wrecked their day!

Whether or not people choose to participate in the ridiculousness all depends on their tolerance for all that comes with it, and their level of desire to ride the ride.

I plan to participate in the ridiculousness. Wouldn't be the fitst time... won't be the last, I'm sure!

Don’t forget about the hours they’ve made people wait in line once they’ve scanned their boarding groups when they ride goes down! And the fact that half the time when it is running parts of it are missing. Ridiculous. 🤣🤣🤣

But we’ll sure do it again once the little one grows an inch!!!! It’s an awesome ride. Hope it comes back up soon today!!!

I think the lower BG number changes as the 2 hour window expires. Wish they had a push notification for when the ride goes down. We hurried back from lunch a Trader Sam's to make our time only to find it had been down for 30 minutes.
The lower number moving up made total sense but it was when it went back down again and then starting ticking up again (all while the ride was still down) that confused me!

If we're honest, theme parks are ridiculous altogether. But they're fun.

This process is ridiculous, but the attraction it's apparently amazing enough that thousands of people embrace the madness.

Have I spent way more time and effort than I probably should have?

Yes. Research is part of my religion.

This is the way.
He has spoken 😛

If we're honest, theme parks are ridiculous altogether. But they're fun.

This process is ridiculous, but the attraction it's apparently amazing enough that thousands of people embrace the madness.

Have I spent way more time and effort than I probably should have?

Yes. Research is part of my religion.

This is the way.

💯agree!

You're asking how this process could possibly be considered ridiculous when people are freaking out, stressed out, and anxious with the prospect? Obsessed with researching a single ride distribution system and a 6000 post forum topic?
^Haha this describes me planning trips to WDW. But I sorta love it.
Wasn't expecting to do much planning for DLR but like I said - it's fun for me, and at this point following this thread has more to do with fascination than anxiety!

Spoke too soon. It’s broken again ☹
Good luck!

How'd it go going solo? I may do that on day 1 of our trip and let my kids sleep in. I feel like getting one boarding group trial out of my system will induce confidence in our collective day 2 trial...lol

I actually did the splash mountain booths. The youngsters beat me there so I was second in line, or the 4th ticket scanned in total. It was quick! Got BG19.

Thank you both! Yes, at WDW only the account holder is pre-selected so it is different even though the rest of the processes seems to be the same. We only have 3 people linked and 1 that probably won't ride so deselecting them will not be too difficult.

You may also want to try using the account of someone else in your party. Your tickets can be linked to as many accounts as you like. If you use a "clean" account that only has tickets of those attending the park or riding that day linked, then you can simply proceed through the process of joining a Boarding Group without worrying about de-selecting any of the tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter