Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
After doing this for three days, this is my biggest tip:
Have someone in your group download the AtomicClock - NTP Time app on their phone. Have that open at the same time as the person getting the BG. Already have the DL app open and on the “my status”/“join boarding group” page. RIGHT AT 8:00:00 click on “my status” and then “join boarding group”. This has gotten us BG 14, 16 & 26.

i have an iPhone.
I have an Apple Watch and I put the face to utility and the seconds hand shows.

Am I missing something? I was at DHS last December. Arrived at five am....got in at 620am, and immediately got a boarding group [12]. I will be back in a few weeks, and as I understand it, all are let into the park 30-40 minutes early but cannot get a boarding group until the exact second of the official park opening. So, thousands of people are in DHS--all are on their phones at exactly park opening [9am], and in a few minutes, all groups are gone for the day. Where the reward for getting to the park early? Now, Slinky Dog and Smugglers have an immediate 2-3 hour wait. I've been at this for a while, and usually, I can understand the reasons for changes like this, but this has me confused. In this new system, by two minutes after 8:00 on March 14, for example, all boarding groups will be gone and the standby lines everywhere are very long. As I said, I must be missing something.

Am I missing something? I was at DHS last December. Arrived at five am....got in at 620am, and immediately got a boarding group [12]. I will be back in a few weeks, and as I understand it, all are let into the park 30-40 minutes early but cannot get a boarding group until the exact second of the official park opening. So, thousands of people are in DHS--all are on their phones at exactly park opening [9am], and in a few minutes, all groups are gone for the day. Where the reward for getting to the park early? Now, Slinky Dog and Smugglers have an immediate 2-3 hour wait. I've been at this for a while, and usually, I can understand the reasons for changes like this, but this has me confused. In this new system, by two minutes after 8:00 on March 14, for example, all boarding groups will be gone and the standby lines everywhere are very long. As I said, I must be missing something.
You’re not. They are leveling the field so that everyone that’s in the park at park opening has a chance. They switched to this system at DHS within the first 2 weeks and it’s been this way the whole time at Disneyland.

Tried from home again just now for Disneyland ROTR and after closing/opening the app at 7:58, neither Join a Boarding Group nor the pull-down My Status option worked. I had to force quit and re-open the app to get anything to show up, and by then it was already at standby lines.

This same scenario happened to me a few weekends ago at the park and I got Group 99. Not sure exactly WHY this happened, though? Other times I've gone on the ride this worked just fine... just luck of the draw?
One tip: do not, under any circumstance, click on Find Out More before 8:00am. There's an indication that it caches that page, and that locks people out. If you're on Android, it's a good idea to Clear Cache on the app before 8:00am. (Just don't Clear Data.)

One tip: do not, under any circumstance, click on Find Out More before 8:00am. There's an indication that it caches that page, and that locks people out.

This is what I did this morning , could be the reason for my inability to have a "join boarding group" show up until about 45 seconds after opening . (it has never been a problem before though ?) Will try it differently tomorrow !
Thanks for the tip !

Tried from home again just now for Disneyland ROTR and after closing/opening the app at 7:58, neither Join a Boarding Group nor the pull-down My Status option worked. I had to force quit and re-open the app to get anything to show up, and by then it was already at standby lines.

This same scenario happened to me a few weekends ago at the park and I got Group 99. Not sure exactly WHY this happened, though? Other times I've gone on the ride this worked just fine... just luck of the draw?
Weird , been playing along at home for a little while now prepping for our upcoming trip in a little over a week .
I never got a join boarding group red tab , or nothing on my status to join for about 30-45 seconds . As soon as it did appear, it was already in back-ups ??? I kept resetting, backed out , turned off the app, etc .......nothing worked , till back-ups started ! I have great internet at home , on an iphone 8 plus ??? This is the first time I have had the atomic clock running in the background ....... maybe the prob ?
Wondering if anyone else had something similar this morning ?
This is making me nervous when we get to DL now . At least we will have 5 trys/days to get a boarding pass !
I dont really care about even getting a back-up if its a lower number as we are staying at GC all week , so we can easily plan around a call to board . Still nervous as to what happened this morning !
Back-ups still up at 15 minutes after !
this is pretty much what happened to us, my husband and I both!
Happened to me today too from home- for the first time.

One tip: do not, under any circumstance, click on Find Out More before 8:00am. There's an indication that it caches that page, and that locks people out. If you're on Android, it's a good idea to Clear Cache on the app before 8:00am. (Just don't Clear Data.)

That tracks with my experience at DHS last month. I toggled back and forth between the home page and the find out more screens a few minutes before park open (I was nervous they were going to start early), and got locked out.

Hitting “find out more” exactly at 8 AM at Disneyland the past three weekends has earned me BGs 35, 28 and 19.

It also seems like muscle memory is helping, because I seem to be getting lower groups each time.

Weird , been playing along at home for a little while now prepping for our upcoming trip in a little over a week .
I never got a join boarding group red tab , or nothing on my status to join for about 30-45 seconds . As soon as it did appear, it was already in back-ups ??? I kept resetting, backed out , turned off the app, etc .......nothing worked , till back-ups started ! I have great internet at home , on an iphone 8 plus ??? This is the first time I have had the atomic clock running in the background ....... maybe the prob ?
Wondering if anyone else had something similar this morning ?
This is making me nervous when we get to DL now . At least we will have 5 trys/days to get a boarding pass !
I dont really care about even getting a back-up if its a lower number as we are staying at GC all week , so we can easily plan around a call to board . Still nervous as to what happened this morning !
Back-ups still up at 15 minutes after !
same experience at home! Weird

We will have 8 Androids and 1 iphone trying to pull when we go for Spring Break. Our carrier is Verizon. Can anyone share where they have good reception, in the park, with Verizon? We will have EMH when it is available. I have not really paid attention to where my signal is strong before, only frustration when it is horrible!

We will have 8 Androids and 1 iphone trying to pull when we go for Spring Break. Our carrier is Verizon. Can anyone share where they have good reception, in the park, with Verizon? We will have EMH when it is available. I have not really paid attention to where my signal is strong before, only frustration when it is horrible!

Verizon - I’ve gotten 20 (Ronto Roasters back in SWGE), 31 (Splash Mountain), 19 (on ground-level bench in front of train station) with my iPhone 10 or XSMax. I ran a speed test from the train platform this morning and also the area right inside the gates, but there were a lot of people in both places. I had faster speed results and page-loading from the bench, so we stayed put. In other words, it can work in many different places. Just be in the park by 7:45, to give yourself time to set up your phones. The guy sitting next to me got 105 - I saw a lot of furious tapping (maybe clicked too early?), and he seemed unfamiliar with how to proceed through the screens.

Restart the app around 7:57, make sure you only have the passes linked for those who are in the park, and have your finger poised above the Find Out More button while watching a watch or app with the seconds counting down. Click exactly at 8. We are 3 for 3 with BG attempts, and also 3 for 3 for this fantastic attraction breaking down every time our BG is called. LOL

Last edited:
Thank you for taking the time posting all the tips! I have the lone iphone xs max, but my kids will grab it and run a speed test for me! Just a follow up question. I have seen people clicking Find Out More first and then some who bypass this step. Is it believed to be safer to go the Find Out More route?

As alluded to in the PP, the key thing is not signal strength. It is network speed. Use an app to see how fast you are accessing. And usually it is better to be in a location where there are fewer people.

:wizard:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter