Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
They don't care if you are physically in the park, just that you scanned a ticket to enter the park - at WDW you can scan in, leave, and still get a BG when they release them. So if you are held at the monorail turnstiles it will not matter as far as getting a BG.

I'm not sure though how early they would run the monorail compared to how early they'll be letting people get into the downtown Disney area.
Being held at the turnstiles means you HAVEN’T had your ticket scanned yet - which would mean you can’t get a BG. I’d be nervous about the monorail entrance.

I plan to be there around 4am tomorrow morning. I'll try to do play-by-play updates to give everyone an idea of how it goes!
We are aiming for a 5:30 arrival (I’d go earlier, but balancing when to drag my kiddo out of bed)... We may adjust depending if line-ups start tonight and stuff like that. If you see this cutie, say hello! I’ll be in a Mandalorian bound that sort of makes me look like a foil-wrapped baked potato, so you can say hi to me, too. 😆465511

So just to clarify, when your ticket is scanned you will see the option to get a BG but you won’t actually be able to reserve one until 8 right?

MIcechat now suggests that TS parking lot will be open at 12:01AM, while the other parking structures will open at the usual 6:30am.

I'm looking forward to living vicariously through those of you who are going. I'll be sending positive vibes for a low boarding group!

I plan to be there around 4am tomorrow morning. I'll try to do play-by-play updates to give everyone an idea of how it goes!
We are aiming for a 5:30 arrival (I’d go earlier, but balancing when to drag my kiddo out of bed)... We may adjust depending if line-ups start tonight and stuff like that. If you see this cutie, say hello! I’ll be in a Mandalorian bound that sort of makes me look like a foil-wrapped baked potato, so you can say hi to me, too. 😆View attachment 465511
Good luck you guys, and I can't wait to hear how it goes. Love the costume--what a cutie! :)

Being held at the turnstiles means you HAVEN’T had your ticket scanned yet - which would mean you can’t get a BG. I’d be nervous about the monorail entrance.

We are aiming for a 5:30 arrival (I’d go earlier, but balancing when to drag my kiddo out of bed)... We may adjust depending if line-ups start tonight and stuff like that. If you see this cutie, say hello! I’ll be in a Mandalorian bound that sort of makes me look like a foil-wrapped baked potato, so you can say hi to me, too. 😆View attachment 465511
I can’t wait to hear about your experience! I love your dedication and willingness to do this craziness with your kiddo!

We are aiming for a 5:30 arrival (I’d go earlier, but balancing when to drag my kiddo out of bed)... We may adjust depending if line-ups start tonight and stuff like that. If you see this cutie, say hello! I’ll be in a Mandalorian bound that sort of makes me look like a foil-wrapped baked potato, so you can say hi to me, too. 😆
Your kiddo's outfit is so cute, we'll keep an eye out for you! I'll be there in my SWGE shirt and SW knit cap along with DGF and possibly my mom. I was originally planning for 5:30 arrival as well but having to deal with the 91 between the 15 & 55 means earlier arrival and braving the cold & slight possibility of rain will be better.

Love your daughter's outfit! She looks ready!

Can't wait to hear the updates from all going tomorrow. Hoping it gives me a better idea for Saturday morning!!!! My co-worker rode the other day with his brother who is a cast member and told me it was the most amazing ride ever. Still jealous he got to ride if I am honest with myself!

Ahh! I'm excited to see the reports for tomorrow and Saturday. Our first park day is Sunday and I'm debating whether to even attempt to get there before rope drop. We are staying until Tuesday, so I am crossing fingers Tuesday is a little less crazy and hopefully get a BG that day. Full disclosure: I planned this trip around my son's birthday and had NO IDEA that ROTR was opening this weekend until after I already booked our flights... :scared::scared::scared:

We will be there bravely trying to get a Boarding Group Saturday morning for RORT. Staying at GCH, so we have EMH but BGs won’t open until regular park opening. I just want to make sure we are physically in the park by regular park opening. I am wondering if the crowds waiting to enter for EMH will be in nice line behind each entrance gate (normal morning procedure) or if it will be a mass of people in the Espalade? I figure it will look somewhat similar to the 60th Anniversary and I wondered if some of you who were there that day remember if the crowd was lines or a mass? Just trying to mentally prepare for the degree of chaos!!

For the 60th we got in line at 4am and were originally lined up at the shuttle drop off area between the espalade and Harbor Blvd. At some point, they had us walk over to the entrance gates and line up. I recall everyone kinda spreading out to all the gates and lining up like normal. It was for sure lines though, not a big mass. It was pretty organized as I remember it. Hope that helps! And have a wonderful trip!!

For the 60th we got in line at 4am and were originally lined up at the shuttle drop off area between the espalade and Harbor Blvd. At some point, they had us walk over to the entrance gates and line up. I recall everyone kinda spreading out to all the gates and lining up like normal. It was for sure lines though, not a big mass. It was pretty organized as I remember it. Hope that helps! And have a wonderful trip!!
My guess is it will be similar tomorrow for the start. The toy story lot will be open overnight so they can hold people outside of security.

Thank you both!! Crystal, that really helps me understand the process. We will be coming from GCH, so through DTD. I am hoping it will be orderly lines, but at DHS, the pictures have just shown a huge mass of people, and I can only imagine the pushing and jostling that happens when they open the turnstiles. They have stopped using finger prints on admission at DHS to help speed up getting folks in the parks. The photo process at DLR always makes me crazy because sometimes you get behind a large group who all need pictures taken and don’t have their things together. Did they do pictures on the 60th?

And Crystal, were you near the front of a line at the turnstiles by getting there at 4am?? I don‘t think I can convince my family to get out there at 4am, even for ROTR!!

And Crystal, were you near the front of a line at the turnstiles by getting there at 4am?? I don‘t think I can convince my family to get out there at 4am, even for ROTR!!
Just for reference that was a 24 hour day and the parks opened at 6am.

I will report back on our experience from Saturday (and maybe Sunday if I can convince my family to try for it again...). I hope we just manage to get a BG on Saturday and actually get to ride. We never do TS meals at DLR, but this trip (before we knew when ROTR would open), I booked BB Fantasmic package for lunch Saturday. I hope that if we do get a ROTR BG, it does not overlap our lunch or F! If we are lucky enough to get a BG, I will just talk to GS if there is overlap and figure something out. MTFBW us all!!

Coming by bus, and had originally thought about taking the earliest one, which would get me to park by 5:45. But now I'm thinking I might just get an extra hour of sleep, and arrive by 6:45. I don't think that waiting on Main St. from 6:00 to 8:00 is going to get me any advantage necessarily, and I am hoping an hour plus is enough time to get through entrance, although I am sure it will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter