Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay! So happy for all you who’ve gotten to ride!!! We aren’t going for a few more months but I’ve absolutely loved following along with everyone’s adventures and I’ve had a lot of fun following along with this thread, plus I’m pretty sure I’ll be able to get a BG like nobody’s business if they’re still a thing by the time I get to go.

I’m so happy for you guys and praying the ride keeps working!

We got our boarding group Sunday, and I immediately logged on here to post. My husband asked what I was doing, and I told him “I need to tell my “friends” on the DIS what we got and how everything went!” Pretty sure he thought I was nuts. 😂

I love the camaraderie on this thread and how we all cheer each other on and commiserate with those who have trouble!
What a fun end to the evening! You guys were great. My wife and I were just reading through all these and it was a great end to a great day. I really hope everyone on this thread has the same great luck we did today. Maybe a little better - get an earlier BG!

I’ve played along from work/ home a few times, but this morning was the first time doing it for real. We took a 6:45am flight from the Bay Area. Uber’d straight to Harbor drop off. Made it into DL at 8:43. Got BG 2! Gave us until 11:17, so we were still able to keep 9:30 Carnation Cafe reservation. Went straight from breakfast. Ride is amazing! Will try again tomorrow!

Had four bars from esplanade, flagpole and top of train station steps, which is where we actually got the BG. iPhone XS on AT&T.

I guess I was right there with ya on the train station platform! My sister and I got BG 1!! It was crazy. She got teary and I was shaking. Just couldn't believe it. I thought there must have been some weird mistake -- no way would I have gotten BG 1. It took a bit of time to process. Good times! So happy we made it on with only a 1/2 day in the park.

We will be there the weekend of the 14th and between the Presidents Day holiday, ski week, ROTR crowds, and the cheer competition, I’m expecting it to be full on Armageddon. Even with lots of APs blocked I think it will be nuts. And if it’s not utter chaos, I’ll be pleasantly surprised! MTFBWU
That week is expected to be pretty crazy, but even "full on Armageddon" at DLR is better than a day most anywhere else!

Yes, we made it! In line now. We’ll cross our fingers ride keeps working. :) You guys are amazing. I’ve been smiling this whole time. :)
So glad you made it on! I was holding my breath through that whole page!

This is the best thread ever.
Right? Like I've said before, our DIS community rocks!

We'll be trying our luck for RotR next Saturday. We'll be walking from our hotel so I was wondering what would be a safe estimate on how much time it would take to get through security and into the park? Thank you in advance!
Which hotel? Which bag check? Saturday is a MM/EMH at DL (which I assume you won't have?), so give yourself plenty of time (more than you think you'll need) just to be on the safe side. The lines to the gates have been backing up heavily on Saturday mornings.

Got BG 20 yesterday - iphone 7, Verizon, near Small World.
Called at 10 with a 2-hr window, checked in at 11:53.

Ride went down while we were in line - no info was given as far as how long it might be but we decided to stay. After about 90 minutes, it came back, and we rode.

I actually got to go twice with my older daughter using rider switch. We had 3 adults plus 2 kids, 1 of whom was too little. So 2 of the adults plus the older kid got to go twice.

our rider switch pass had an hour expiration after our check-in (11:53-12:53) but i asked when they gave it to us and they said we could use it any time later, using the fp line.

because of our delay, we did not get off the ride until after 2 o’clock, but I did screenshot the rider switch, and as it turned out, it was no problem at all to use it even though it was no longer in my app. I am not sure whether it would have been as easy if I had not taken the screenshot.

also, awesome ride!

We'll be trying our luck for RotR next Saturday. We'll be walking from our hotel so I was wondering what would be a safe estimate on how much time it would take to get through security and into the park? Thank you in advance!
If it was me - and it will be in a few weeks - I would hit security at 7AM at the latest. 6:45AM would be better.

:wizard:

Does anyone have an idea where the best spots are to plant yourself when trying to get a BG in the morning? I’ve heard the train station mentioned. Are there dead zones to avoid? Does it not matter all that much?

Does anyone have an idea where the best spots are to plant yourself when trying to get a BG in the morning? I’ve heard the train station mentioned. Are there dead zones to avoid? Does it not matter all that much?
Unfortunately you will have to read back through many posts in this thread to piece this together. The general consensus seems to be:
  • to move into the park as much as possible
    • but some people have had great success in Town Square or up on the Train Station (usually folks who barely made it thru the gates before park opening and this was their only viable option)
  • move away from large groups of people as much as possible
  • have an app or website open on your phone to check your speed - the "ping" time seems to be more important - and find places where the ping is a short as possible and the overall speed is as fast as possible
  • folks have reported good luck in Frontierland near the shooting galleries, near IAWS and in TL near or past BLAB
Many other pieces of advice exist and lol I have a bookmarked list of 8-10 posts in this thread which I refer back to for each gem. I can dump the bookmarks here if you would like to see them. :thumbsup2

Unfortunately you will have to read back through many posts in this thread to piece this together. The general consensus seems to be:
  • to move into the park as much as possible
    • but some people have had great success in Town Square or up on the Train Station (usually folks who barely made it thru the gates before park opening and this was their only viable option)
  • move away from large groups of people as much as possible
  • have an app or website open on your phone to check your speed - the "ping" time seems to be more important - and find places where the ping is a short as possible and the overall speed is as fast as possible
  • folks have reported good luck in Frontierland near the shooting galleries, near IAWS and in TL near or past BLAB
Many other pieces of advice exist and lol I have a bookmarked list of 8-10 posts in this thread which I refer back to for each gem. I can dump the bookmarks here if you would like to see them. :thumbsup2

I'll just add that some folks also have good luck scanning into Disneyland and then immediately heading to DCA or Downtown Disney and getting a BG there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter