Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monorail doesn’t generally run before the park opens. It’s possible they might scan you in from there before the park opens but it would be close to opening time. I would go in the park at 7am at the main gate and take advantage of your extra hour from being a hotel guest.
I didn't realize we'd get that Extra Hour into Disneyland on Friday. Thanks so much!

Just a note on cell phones and carriers.

The issue with a carrier is simply can your phone get a signal through. The amount of data needed should be trivial. No one has reported in this thread any issues with T-Mobile, Sprint, or Verizon, and the issues reported with AT&T have been a small % of total AT&T datapoints.

If you can load a website at 7:59, you should be fine.

As for phones, I haven’t seen anything in this thread or the WDW thread to make me think that your phone model matters

Any issues or delays noted with data roaming (we're from Canada). It seems like milliseconds make a difference in success for this whole process, so not sure if there's a block or delay with roaming.

Can anyone confirm Canadians getting a decent (or ANY) BG?

I’m sorry if this has already been mentioned but do the people who get Magic Morning get all the Rise reservations because they’re there first? I would hope not but just wanted to make sure

I’m sorry if this has already been mentioned but do the people who get Magic Morning get all the Rise reservations because they’re there first? I would hope not but just wanted to make sure
See #2 in post one on page one. BGs do not open until published park opening hours. MM/EMH guests can enter the park one hour early (FL & TL only), but they cannot get a BG until the park actually opens, just like all other guests. So MM/EMH guests do not get an advantage over regular guests who enter later. As long as you enter DL before the park officially opens for the day, you have a chance to get a BG when they are released at park opening.

Yeah, I've been wondering about that.

Checking against the NIST website, my phone appears to run a few seconds behind. So far playing along at home, I have been able to get in when my phone hits opening time. This morning I tried 5 seconds earlier and got nothing, and no amount of refreshing or restarting helped. I don't know if there is a correlation here, or if today's mechanics were different from the last couple days.

Funny thing is I probably won't get the chance to go while BGs are still a thing. I'm still thinking of President's weekend...but it's going to be hard to justify especially since that weekend will probably be nutty.

Thanks for this!

Do you think they'll still have boarding groups in mid-March?

After reading all these posts, I think you're right about TIMING being the key to getting a BG. You can't come into the app too early and then keep trying. Seems that if your first try is greater than 09:00:01, you're put in the queue first. If it's 08:00:00 or less, you're going to need some luck.

I also think the post i read here about PROXIMITY holds some value. Not that the strongest signal provides the best chances, but that your geolocation could play a factor?

I'll be data roaming with AT&T, so that's another variable I have to consider. Does roaming inhibit this process?

I'd like to play at home without tickets using different phones, and then wifi vs data. I'm convinced I could come up with some statistical data, but since proximity seems to be a factor, it's really not going to be reliable data...

Do you need to create an account to try at home?

Last edited:
Any issues or delays noted with data roaming (we're from Canada). It seems like milliseconds make a difference in success for this whole process, so not sure if there's a block or delay with roaming.

Can anyone confirm Canadians getting a decent (or ANY) BG?
I can’t provide any specifics but yes, I was chatting with some folks from Canada in another ride line early on Friday mornjng and they had gotten BG 13.

since proximity seems to be a factor,
Proximity and geolocation aren’t factors in joining a BG. WDW guests have given their MDE login to family and friends in other states to book their BGs for them. They’ve had great success even with friends trying from MCO / Orlando airport.

You can install the DL app and begin charting data but it will depend on how reliable the BG system is on the days you gather data.

Thanks for this!

Do you think they'll still have boarding groups in mid-March?

After reading all these posts, I think you're right about TIMING being the key to getting a BG. You can't come into the app too early and then keep trying. Seems that if your first try is greater than 09:00:01, you're put in the queue first. If it's 08:00:00 or less, you're going to need some luck.

I also think the post i read here about PROXIMITY holds some value. Not that the strongest signal provides the best chances, but that your geolocation could play a factor?

I'll be data roaming with AT&T, so that's another variable I have to consider. Does roaming inhibit this process?

I'd like to play at home without tickets using different phones, and then wifi vs data. I'm convinced I could come up with some statistical data, but since proximity seems to be a factor, it's really not going to be reliable data...

Do you need to create an account to try at home?

I think they'll still have boarding groups by mid-March.

I hadn’t made the connection between this system and the increase in morning crowds. It’s obvious duh, but man. Those who have been is it severly
Impacting the ride wait times elsewhere in the first couple hours the park is open?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter