Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it was a day for sure. This early in the game, though, there are going to be days like this. As long as they learn something, identify a bug, find a weak point, etc, it's not a wasted effort.

This makes four weeks of operations. 28 days, which in the scheme of things isn't that much. Keep in mind that DHS has not yet seen 75 days of ops. Combined, we don't even have 100 days yet. This attraction is just a baby.

It will be very interesting to see how they deal with the coming weekend which by all accounts should be pretty impacted. I know the internal line is "It's just another day" but I can't help but feel that the more crowded the parks are the higher CM stress must be, It may be that both coasts had an update that they wanted to push through before the long weekend, but didn't want to release on the long weekend in case it went horribly wrong - that way they could roll it back or patch it tonight and be ready.

In any case, watching from afar is entertaining, but I'm sure for those of you going to the parks it is stressful. Remember not to fear. Fear is the path to the dark side, after all.

How's does the 8am drop work on Magic Mornings? If I'm over in Tomorrowland I can still try to get a boarding group?

How's does the 8am drop work on Magic Mornings? If I'm over in Tomorrowland I can still try to get a boarding group?
I haven't done it myself yet but I have been following this thread and yes, after you have scanned your ticket into Disneyland Park (not DCA) you can try for a boarding group from anywhere via the app as soon as the park opens to the general public for the day.

I did that this morning. It doesn’t matter where you are in the park... just make sure you have a signal for your phone.

FYI— be sure to have your Disney hotel key or physical ticket out for the cast members to get beyond Main Street.

I got group 23 as I exited Mr Toad’s Wild Ride. Made me super nervous boarding the ride with 2 minutes to go and service was pretty poor in the middle of the ride. With seconds to spare though we got off and I got the boarding group.

I am not sure about this. Mostly people on this thread have said either way is fine.

Anecdotally, I know a number of groups where everyone’s been on their own account and they’ve gotten a BG just fine. My husband and I were only two people, but we were each on our account and we were fine.

I don’t think it matters.
For DIS vets and people who are comfortable and confident with the DLR app, I would agree with you. (And, technically, concerning the actual outcome of whether or not people get a BG, I also agree with you.) But for people who aren't in those categories (and there are SO many -- who knew there were that many guests who were clueless about using the app?!), I would strongly recommend streamlining the BG process as much as possible, just to keep things as easy and stress free as possible to give the greatest chance of success. The whole BG Boogie requires juggling enough plates as it is; throwing in the possibility of multiple phones logged in to more than one account can overwhelm people who don't even know how to use MP or how to Mobile Order. Or who are super stressed and can't juggle one more plate. If the confident folks can handle more plates, I don't worry about them. I know they'll be fine. But for the newbs, the fearful, and the overwhelmed? Whatever works the most simple way, at least for the first time, is what I would strongly recommend. (Once the fearful and super stressed become more confident, juggling more plates shouldn't be such an issue!)

So do you and your party log into same account with linked passes or each try a different account with linked passes? I see both ways work at time but what should my plan be? Thanks

For DIS vets and people who are comfortable and confident with the DLR app, I would agree with you. (And, technically, concerning the actual outcome of whether or not people get a BG, I also agree with you.) But for people who aren't in those categories (and there are SO many -- who knew there were that many guests who were clueless about using the app?!), I would strongly recommend streamlining the BG process as much as possible, just to keep things as easy and stress free as possible to give the greatest chance of success. The whole BG Boogie requires juggling enough plates as it is, throwing in the possibility of multiple phones logged into more than one account can overwhelm people who don't even know how to use MP or how to Mobile Order. Or who are super stressed and can't juggle one more plate. If the confident folks can handle more plates, I don't worry about them. I know they'll be fine. But for the newbs, the fearful, and the overwhelmed? Whatever works the most simple way, at least for the first time, is what I would strongly recommend. (Once the fearful and super stressed become more confident, juggling more plates shouldn't be such an issue!)

newb here :wave2:
anyone think this system will still be in use in october when DH and i are there?

since we arrive in LA early thursday, i'm planning an afternoon in the parks practicing on the app (mobile order, MP), so that by friday morning i'll no longer be a newb.....

Last edited:
So do you and your party log into same account with linked passes or each try a different account with linked passes? I see both ways work at time but what should my plan be? Thanks
Your plan should be to use whatever you feel most comfortable using. This is where "playing along at home" before your trip can make a difference. Try both ways a few times to see what works best for you and your group. Then go with that option when you get to DL.

newb here :wave2:
anyone think this system will still be in use in october when DH and i will be there?

since we arrive in LA early thursday, i'm planning an afternoon in the parks practicing on the app (mobile order, MP), so that by friday morning i'll no longer be a newb.....

Your guess is as good as anyone else's right now! But, by practicing at home and using the app on your arrival day (use it a lot -- really give it a work out to get used to how it works on your phone), you'll have that much more confidence if you do need to do the BG Boogie during your trip! I know you've been playing along at home with the rest of us -- by October, you should be a pro!

I have been following since day 1 and I know this has been covered, but I didn't think it would apply to me, but things have changed. How can I delete linked annual passes from the app?...
I know your problem was resolved, but for anyone else following, this issue is addressed on page one in the second post (FAQs), "How Do I Join a Boarding Group?"

For clarification; I downloaded the Disneyland app, made an account for myself, and bought all my party’s tickets. I want to increase our chances of getting a boarding group

-can I have all my party members download the Disneyland app and log into my account at the same time? To secure a boarding pass

or

-do they have to download the Disneyland app, create their own account, and then link all the tickets to their account?
Both methods will work. This question is addressed on page one, in the second post (FAQs), "How Do I Join a Boarding Group?"

Good morning!
I lurked here for quite some time planning for our trip to Disneyland and wanted to thank you all for the valuable information on here! I also wanted to give an update on our trip so far and hopefully contribute to the collective knowledge on here:...

Any questions please ask, it was a wonderful two days in the parks for us and thank you to all your help on here!
Thank you for posting your tips and experience! I'm sure many DISers will find them helpful.

... In any case, watching from afar is entertaining, but I'm sure for those of you going to the parks it is stressful. Remember not to fear. Fear is the path to the dark side, after all.
Agree. For those feeling stressed out, remember, "Just keep swimming! Just keep swimming!" (I know, wrong franchise, but still true!)

Hello, everyone! How is the parking experience now? If I wanted to arrive to a parking lot by 7am for a ROTR chance, do you recommend Mickey and friends or the toy story lot?
Thanks for your advice!

My husband, our adult daughter & I are going next week for my daughter's birthday. I've been telling my husband about the "joining boarding group" app process. Last night he said to me, "I read an article that said that for a group, only 1 person should try to join and a 2nd person should be ready as a backup." I replied, "Oh, you mean that SFGate article? Everyone in the DIS thread I'm following says that is exactly what you should NOT do. That you increase your chances with more than one person attempting to join."

So, thanks to everyone on this thread for your input! Fingers crossed it works for us....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter