Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorry if this has been covered.

Can I enter DCA during EMH and try to get a boarding pass while inside DCA when DL opens, or do I have to head over to DL to try my luck?
Boarding Passes aren't given out until "official" park opening, thus EMH and MM's aren't applicable. You have to be "scanned" into DL first to be able to try for one, and then you can go wherever you wish to try, including DCA, DTD, etc.

Should I spill the beans that group 6 was on Disneyland wifi :) was infinitely faster ping speed than cellular. 😂

Also, did not close apps or change phone settings. Just an iPhone XS that hasn’t been rebooted in probably 6 months with every app open in the background lol old habits die hard.
Interesting, I must say on the DL app there is a WIFI map and perhaps they were very close to a hotspot with not much foot traffic?

I also got group 1!!

By sheer luck, I was walking past the entrance when group 1 was called, so I ended up being the first person in line. (If you're curious, a CM leads the line at walking pace, I assume to make sure people don't run through it.)

S10/tmobile on the train station level. (App hard open at 8:59, Find Out More at 9am, red button.)

I was so panicky about coming this far and missing out, and I'm so relieved at how lucky I got. It was so awesome. Huge thanks to everyone here that helped figure out the tricks!

I played along this morning and got the orange button. However, when I pressed it, it told me to sign up. Doh! Well, that's what these practice runs are for!

Also, when I sign in, it brings up the a page where I have to click boxes to complete my registration. I've tried a few times, but then it says, "We're having trouble updating your account at the moment. Try again soon!" I tried all weekend but it never goes through. Any suggestions?

Boarding Passes aren't given out until "official" park opening, thus EMH and MM's aren't applicable. You have to be "scanned" into DL first to be able to try for one, and then you can go wherever you wish to try, including DCA, DTD, etc.

I was just hoping to use my full hour in DCA without having to waste time scanning into DL early in an effort to get a BP.

Hoping things have slowed down a little by mid-March - but not counting on it.

I wanted to mention...I never got any sort of confirmation on my phone that we actually got a boarding pass. It appeared that I didn't, because after hitting join a boarding group on the page with our party selected, it took me back to the previous page. It was only when I was trying on my son's phone that it said "these members have already been assigned a boarding group." I thought that was odd. I had to click on the My Status to see what number we got.

Away from big groups of people. Higher is better. Facing your cell tower. (You can find some apps that will locate your cell tower...)
I guess I don't know enough about cell signals to know why facing a cell tower is important. Can you or anyone else give any insight on this?

:wizard:

I guess I don't know enough about cell signals to know why facing a cell tower is important. Can you or anyone else give any insight on this?

:wizard:
Agreed, if there is a good map or online source for this for Verizon that would be great if someone could share.

Should I spill the beans that group 6 was on Disneyland wifi :) was infinitely faster ping speed than cellular. 😂

Also, did not close apps or change phone settings. Just an iPhone XS that hasn’t been rebooted in probably 6 months with every app open in the background lol old habits die hard.

You’ve got to be getting a DL WiFi connection with little other traffic. And if using an Android phone, apps running in the background can eat your connection depending on device and version.

Always better to reduce variables when able...

I just watched a youtube video of someone getting boarding group 1 at the kiosk at splash mountain without using the mobile app. You have to be first in line at the gate then once they let you in rush to the adventureland entrance. Once the rope drops rush to the kiosk and be the first person there. Watch the time. When it turns to the scheduled opening time, as fast as possible, put your ticket in the kiosk.

I just watched a youtube video of someone getting boarding group 1 at the kiosk at splash mountain without using the mobile app. You have to be first in line at the gate then once they let you in rush to the adventureland entrance. Once the rope drops rush to the kiosk and be the first person there. Watch the time. When it turns to the scheduled opening time, as fast as possible, put your ticket in the kiosk.
Someone posted that video a few days ago.

It’s a lot of “you have to be first” to risk getting out-run at a couple of different points...

We checked out the Adventureland/Frontierland ropes yesterday, but they all had tons of people at them before we got there. Would be hard to achieve.

If someone wants to try, you can also try for the Buzz ones. More competition since they’re closer, though, and MM days change up the opportunity there.

Someone posted that video a few days ago.

It’s a lot of “you have to be first” to risk getting out-run at a couple of different points...

We checked out the Adventureland/Frontierland ropes yesterday, but they all had tons of people at them before we got there. Would be hard to achieve.

If someone wants to try, you can also try for the Buzz ones. More competition since they’re closer, though, and MM days change up the opportunity there.
Your right. You have to be very lucky and fast to be the first person at the kiosk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter