READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.

I fell pretty far behind on the thread after not getting a chance to catch up at all yesterday, so forgive me if it has been mentioned.

Woke up to an email from Touring Plans that there was an hours change for my DHS day on March 2. Looks like they’re still getting rid of AM EMH further out. It was changed to PM EMH for that day.
I would jump so far as to conclude all am EMH for the next year are going to eventually be changed.
Maybe not all year but for 6 months, I have little doubt. I stand to be wrong, have been often but that's what I'm expecting to happen. If they leave them, then it's a bonus.
Heck, you've got not only RotR but Mickey's Rail opening soon too.
Mornings are just rough for huge crowds and EMH combined.

It sounds like those with a "quick draw" approach will be the winners. Should I time myself on the app to see how fast I can go?
You can't test out the biggest factor, the speed of the system you connect to, be it WiFi or the cell tower you hit on and how busy it is. It's really 100% luck and if you are there at opening, the odds are so high in your favor to get a group, that's all I'd worry about.

Sorry if I don't scroll past 172 pages to find this info (I am pretty sure it probably was already answered somewhere...) but I have a bit of a problem understanding the chart in the first post. So let's look at Jan 5th. They let you into the park at 6:20am, the park opens at 07:00am which is also when they allow you to sign up for a boarding group and at 07:01am all boarding groups are gone? Which indicates there is only a 60 seconds window to sign up for a boarding group? You get another 20 minutes or so to sign up for a backup boarding group which may or may not get called at the end of the day. Is this for real? Just looking at this it seriously makes me reconsider even trying to get onto the ride at all during out upcoming trip. If you have to rely on Disney wifi for getting a boarding group (we're from out of country, we do not have cell service in the US), I guess the chances are pretty much zero to snag an boarding group at all.
There was some really odd unknown anomaly on the days they went in a couple of minutes. It's only been a couple. That is not indicative of how the groups have gone at all. That's not to say it can never happen again just not something that I would worry about.

I guess I am a bit panicky about all this. Every single ride my kids have pointed out as their favorite rides requires some kind of early morning pre-opening dash to the park. My kids are NOT morning persons... LOL We are also not staying on property so we can't take advantage of the 60 day FP+ booking window for the other rides. Anyways - I guess we'll just see what happens. It could be worse in that Disney is getting rid of the boarding groups when we get there which would probably result in insanely long lines. But I guess since morning EMH hours for DHS are not happening when we are going and seeing that they have also moved them for March, I am assuming they will most probably hold on to the boarding groups for some time to come.
I'd suggest checking out the general theme park stategies board for some ideas about how to handle the other rides--there's no avoiding an early morning if you want to do RotR, but there are ways to snag additional FP+ throughout the day and many people have reported success with the strategy of jumping in line shortly before closing and waiting less than the posted time (Disney generally inflates wait times at the end of the night). This thread isn't the place to go into details on that, but I'd suggest starting with the FP+ FAQ thread (it's a sticky at the top of the forum).

There's been plenty of chat about whether cell v. wifi or ATT v Verizon...
Has anyone tried the Field Test mode or an app for signal strength to optimize their location from which to obtain a BG?

There was some really odd unknown anomaly on the days they went in a couple of minutes. It's only been a couple. That is not indicative of how the groups have gone at all. That's not to say it can never happen again just not something that I would worry about.

It seems like both of those days may have followed a day when a lot of people received a free day/free fastpass due to problems. Maybe it just kind of snowballed and they reduced availability the next day expecting those passes to be used. (Plus high crowds, plus AP block being lifted)

Since I have been following this thread in preparation, I wanted to share my experience this morning. I’m running Dopey, and today was the 5k that started at 5:30. I finished around 6, grabbed an Uber from the parking lot, and got to HS at 6:34. No bags. In line for turnstiles at 6:41 (used the far right line). Had a photo snapped by photo pass at 6:47. Grabbed a seat near Brown Derby and my hubby and I got BG 67. My phone didn’t refresh (was in the “my status screen” that many others have recently message doesn’t open. Luckily, my husband never listens to my instructions, so he just loaded from the main page and got the passes. 😂 Both iPhone 8, both on cellular. We rode RnR on fast pass at 710 and headed back to contemporary to shower. Should be called back within the hour for our group looking at the app- so excited!!

Some great times reports today. I think the next few weeks will be very telling. Curious to see what happens this weekend on the first "non-peak" Saturday and Sunday and then next weekend for one of the "lesser" holiday weekends. We're there the following week so this Friday-Sunday I'm going to assume is going to offer some good insight as to what I should expect.

Get there extra early (close to 2 hours before park opening) to be at front of rope drop for MFSR and while in that line/mass of people secure a BG for RotR on your MDE. Seems like they wait a minute or two to let people join a BG before starting to March people back to GE to get in the MFSR line

Alternate is to go for MFSR closer to park closing

Any sense for how long the wait for MFSR might be with a 6AM arrival (for a 7AM open)? I have two littles so I’m doubtful I can arrive earlier than 6.

(And apologies if this specific question has already been asked and answered 10x! I’ve been doing my best to stay on top of this thread but there’s a lot Ive missed).

I wish we knew the number of people successfully getting through in a day. Doesn’t Disney know we are driving ourselves crazy trying to figure out any rhyme or reason to this? 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter