READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep - granted my day might be chalked up as an anomaly, but there was absolutely nothing fun or exciting about our experience. The “feeling” and “vibe” in the park that morning is the primary reason we (likely) won’t be doing it again. Life’s too short and for us it’s vacation. Very happy it works for so many, but I’m content that I’ll be on the outside looking in for now. 8-)

Admittedly a topic for another thread.
I feel less cynical now, because that's how I felt watching the video. It didn't seem fun at all (and that's why I asked if people didn't get BGs if they were there for opening because that's how people seem to be treating it, like you could be there at 6am & still be screwed out of one).

I feel less cynical now, because that's how I felt watching the video. It didn't seem fun at all (and that's why I asked if people didn't get BGs if they were there for opening because that's how people seem to be treating it, like you could be there at 6am & still be screwed out of one).

People might all get BG but it is possible, not likely but possible, to not ride that day if it’s a particularly bad day.

Looking at the chart, about a week ago they called back a total of 70 BG, and a week or so before that they called back 61. A bad day combined with BG running out in 1 minute and back ups starting relatively early could result in someone getting a back up group who was there early, and then not receiving a FP for the next day. The stars have to align in a bad way, but I think I would be a bit concerned if we wound up with a back up despite being there early, without knowing what kind of day we were going to end up with.

That video is from Disneyland where that is 100% possible. At DHS only on crowd level 10 days has that been a concern.

Hi Marge, welcome to Disboards Anonymous.

I have been compulsively checking even more frequently since they changed the DHS tiers and added MFSR to FP. I’m so worried they’re going to surprise us all and toss MMRR or even RotR in without warning. Crossing the 60 day mark is stressful lol.
Hello, I'm Marge, and I am a DisBoards-aholic. Recovery? Not in sight. Plan: Visit Disney and report back post trip. Correction: post minute to minute reports while doing live feed from DHS RD. :cool1:

People might all get BG but it is possible, not likely but possible, to not ride that day if it’s a particularly bad day.

Looking at the chart, about a week ago they called back a total of 70 BG, and a week or so before that they called back 61. A bad day combined with BG running out in 1 minute and back ups starting relatively early could result in someone getting a back up group who was there early, and then not receiving a FP for the next day. The stars have to align in a bad way, but I think I would be a bit concerned if we wound up with a back up despite being there early, without knowing what kind of day we were going to end up with.
That video is from Disneyland where that is 100% possible. At DHS only on crowd level 10 days has that been a concern.
Ahhh makes sense! And oh yeah, I did hear about that day that they didn't start calling groups until like 2:30pm. That would be a bummer.

I was thinking the of cleaning out my list too! I don't want to have to scroll through 12 people looking for my DD and DH, lol.

If you do not want to delete the folks who won't be with you (or find you are unable to do so easily), you can move them to the bottom of your list by modifying their name by adding a z to the front part of their name. This then should put your DD and DH at the top.

We did! We went to guest relations this morning and were given a multiple experience fastpass that included RotR with no muss or fuss, took 3 minutes. But... In addition we also got BG 8 this morning as well. Rode 2 times today!!!
You are now among a very rare group of people who have experienced this ride twice in one day!! Congrats!!!

If you do not want to delete the folks who won't be with you (or find you are unable to do so easily), you can move them to the bottom of your list by modifying their name by adding a z to the front part of their name. This then should put your DD and DH at the top.
I tried this with my group a few days ago. My DD25 has her own account but we are linked, so she was still towards bottom even with the z added to all the others. (I am guessing that is why anyway.) 🤷‍♀️ It actually looked like it worked, until I did a practice run, and then I had to scroll thru the zs. :)
So, anyone wanting to do it this way, try doing a practice run to see how they are actually listed for BG.

We're going for a week in March and I'm scheduling one full day at disney studios with the plan to get there early and get a BG. Then we have another backup day, in case we didn't get on Rise of the Resistance, or if we want to do it again. That minimizes stress for me, as this is supposed to be a laid back, no kids, do whatever we want trip for a couple of empty nesters.
You sound exactly like me and my husband. We are empty-nesters, we have one day set aside exclusively for DS with the next day as a "just in case", and our vacation goals are early to the park and also early cocktails in the evening! ;)🍸🍹

After watching this thread, we've decided to skip DHS. We don't want to get up at the crack of dawn and deal with this. Hopefully, fastpass will be in place on our next visit.

You sound exactly like me and my husband. We are empty-nesters, we have one day set aside exclusively for DS with the next day as a "just in case", and our vacation goals are early to the park and also early cocktails in the evening! ;)🍸🍹
Yes, I'm looking at various bars and lounges we might want to visit. It's nice to not have to plan around rides the boys want to ride, and not have to plan breakfast ahead of time, and not worry about picky eaters when planning dinners.
And yeah, sampling cocktails is going to be an important part of the vacation.

I love this board!
Launching the app, right at 7AM, waiting to get into Toy Story Land worked for us!

We got BG 51, which lined up perfectly to our 12:50PM Slinky Dog FP. It was a wildly perfect afternoon.

The ride really is fantastic, bravo to Disney. The process of get a BG, cheering, talking with other park goers, is a really fun experience. One I’ve yet to see in Disney.
I'm glad I did it and grateful for the experience.

Now that the buzz has settled for myself, I will say, that was A LOT of work for a great ride. I won’t do the early wake up again, but it’s worth doing at least once.

Ahhh makes sense! And oh yeah, I did hear about that day that they didn't start calling groups until like 2:30pm. That would be a bummer.
I had a backup on that day and I did ride. But it was very nerve wracking!
I knew there was a bad feeling I couldnt put my finger on that last day, and thanks to you all I think it was jealousy! The teen standing next to me got 14 while I got 100. I congratulated her family but my heart wasnt in it. All those months of prepping and helping folks all over property and I feared I may not get to ride. Not a fun feeling. I did ride but I didn't know I was going to!

I can see it now BG 95

my husband - we could always wait at the Tune In Lounge?

4 Rob Roy’s later...

my husband - we’re going to go fight the First Order??? I’m in! :banana:

me - :faint:
Listen MY husband can't wait to get back to Trader Sam's where the bartenders would shout "3 SHOTS OF RUM!!!" every time your drink order came up:drinking1....Looking forward to the atmosphere at Oga's!

And When (if) I get a BG, someone else there (who doesn’t read Disboards) will be disappointed as a direct result and I’m going to remember that all day because that’s the way I am.

That’s what bugs me about the current system.

I would say that the REAL issue is that you are standing beside these people and see their reactions in person. The truth is that if (when) this attraction begins issuing FPs, there will be even more disappointed people. You just won’t be looking them in the eye! 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts