READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very bummed - we didnt get on yesterday with a boarding pass of 81, and since we are only here for two days, we figured we would try again today.

We got up early, got into the park 30 minutes before opening, constantly checked the internet speed on sunset blvd, and when the time came, my app opened perfectly! Except, my app was saying that my dad wasnt in the park.

My dads phone got 111. We're going home today at 6pm.

VERY bummed.
Go talk to a CM in a blue shirt and explain what happened. They might help you out.
ETA lots of us had the same advice.😉

Maybe they are tweaking how many backups they are giving out, to limit the angry guests when they aren’t called.

Group 46! Been stalking since 12/5. It all paid off. And I got to help 3 other families that would have struggled and may not have gotten one. Love spreading the pixie dust!
Got BG17 this am on wife’s XR. They have not called any groups yet though...
Congratulations Guys! Enjoy your experience!
May I ask - where were you each standing in the park? Im wondering where the best/fastest service spots are located since it sounds like cellular is the better way to go - Im assuming you each had wifi off, correct? Thanks!

Very bummed - we didnt get on yesterday with a boarding pass of 81, and since we are only here for two days, we figured we would try again today.

We got up early, got into the park 30 minutes before opening, constantly checked the internet speed on sunset blvd, and when the time came, my app opened perfectly! Except, my app was saying that my dad wasnt in the park.

VERY bummed.

In the future, grab the first boarding group that you can, even if people in your party are missing. Then work on getting a BG for the missing person. Then go to GET to resolve. With a low BG foothold you are more likely to get a good BG. In other words if one person in your party has a low BG and you go see GET right away, it is strong evidence that you did very thing right, but it was MDE that messed up.

Maybe they are tweaking how many backups they are giving out, to limit the angry guests when they aren’t called.
Yeah, and I don't think it's helping that people on here are telling guests with backup groups to go talk to GET CMs, just making it worse and harder for people with main groups to get to ride. I'm not saying it's a bad idea, everyone wants to ride, but backup groups are what they are.

Congratulations Guys! Enjoy your experience!
May I ask - where were you each standing in the park? Im wondering where the best/fastest service spots are located since it sounds like cellular is the better way to go - Im assuming you each had wifi off, correct? Thanks!
We were at a table by the pretzel cart near Frozen. WiFi off, on Xfinity Mobile’s network. Full bars of signal.

I learned something new practicing from home today. If you click My Status, the join boarding group is not red but still can be clicked!! I never saw this info and wanted to share. This is my plan if the other button isn't red my next trip.

I didn’t even think of just trying to click it anyways, will definitely try this tomorrow morning. I’ve been practicing from home, we’ll be there the week of the 17th. My son and I will try most mornings but the rest of the fam will only go one morning, they are not as concerned about getting on the ride as me and DS.

Yeah, and I don't think it's helping that people on here are telling guests with backup groups to go talk to GET CMs, just making it worse and harder for people with main groups to get to ride. I'm not saying it's a bad idea, everyone wants to ride, but backup groups are what they are.
no bg, regular or backups are guaranteed to ride. When a person has a problem day after day they should go talk to the CM that have been put there to assist.
They lowered the number of regular bg weeks ago, also the fewer backups today is just from everyone yesterday that had a problem and were given recovery fp.
People asking for help will not diminish the experience of those with bg already

8:43 and they haven't started boarding anyone yet. Slinky has also been down since open. People gonna be mad!

My phone hates this boarding group rush. No matter what I can't get a low group! 61 today so here's hoping.

VERY bummed.
Definitely speak to a team member and explain what’s happened yesterday and today. Good luck!

Now boarding 13-22.

Oops, missed that someone had already posted!

13 is pretty high compared to recent trends. I assume it's due to recovery from previous days.

Last edited:

VERY bummed.

Obviously doesn't help now but the thought seems to be that if you don't see one person in your group as in the park but they clearly are, just drop them and have everyone else join and then go see GET CM to show them the issue and they can verify that that person (in this case your Dad) was in the park and have them added to your BG

Hi everyone! Reading all of this has been making me so nervous! My husband and son are so looking forward to getting on the rise.. Do you think BG will still be the only way to get on the ride by July?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter