Rip, Ride, Rock it!

southernbelle5672

DIS Veteran
Do you guys think it'll be open by the time I go in May? I'm going to Disneyworld on May 9 and staying until May 18th. We are planning on one day at Universal Studios. We are really hoping it will be open!

Do you guys think it'll be open by the time I go in May? I'm going to Disneyworld on May 9 and staying until May 18th. We are planning on one day at Universal Studios. We are really hoping it will be open!
I doubt seriously it will be open much before late May or early June...it's just a feeling I have. I think Universal will be shooting for a Memorial Day weekend opening. I hope it's open for your sake but I wouldn't hold my breath.

I agree with metro and don't think it will be open until late may but there is always the hope they will open it up sooner :thumbsup2

i'm hoping that the AP holders will get to be there for the preview and first ride!!

It's expected to be a late April opening.

I believe they have to have it open by Grad Bash as they were saying it would be open for the 2009 event.

It's expected to be a late April opening.

I believe they have to have it open by Grad Bash as they were saying it would be open for the 2009 event.

I don't think that Universal has every stated that it will be open for Grad bash. people just assumed it would be open because of the picture of the rollercoaster in the background on the logo.
If you go here: http://www.universalorlando.com/gradbash/attractions.html the attractions are listed for Grad Bash and Rip, Ride, Rock it isn't listed.

I don't think that Universal has every stated that it will be open for Grad bash. people just assumed it would be open because of the picture of the rollercoaster in the background on the logo.
If you go here: http://www.universalorlando.com/gradbash/attractions.html the attractions are listed for Grad Bash and Rip, Ride, Rock it isn't listed.
Right...it won't be open for Grad Bash this year. Next year...yes...this year...no.

Ahhh... I remember that they had mock-ups and everything for it at last Grad Bash, but obviously they realized they couldn't open it in time.

I still think they're shooting for a late April opening, however.

There is a possibility that Rockit will follow a schedule similar to ROTM & TSR:
Have technical rehearsal as early as April (in time for Grad Bash/Gradventure) and open officially in May.

No guarantees, obviously.

it will be open. let us know how it is, please.

I will agree with Hack (aiming for April soft opening) just based on a few things I've been told in the parks. But soft opening means hit or miss, so I wouldn't count on riding it in April even if it is open at times. For the people who get to do it then (if any), it will just be frosting on the cake.

Just wait for my review thread, inkognito. Then you'll *have* to go. :p
I'm sure! I'm already drooling every time I go there and see the track, and now DH clued me in to the fact that you can see it on the WESH webcam too.

This is it a few minutes ago in front of BMG:

They were adding another piece of track when I went by to the outer part of the loop there. This photo was from directly under it in the exit area from the park to Blue Man Theater.

They have three cranes, one by twister, the huge one in the middle by the boneyard that lowered it into the front (pic above), and another smaller one (pic below) that was being set up to raise the piece showed in the pic above to the final spot in the pic below.

Looks like it coming along pretty quick :cool1:

atricks, i appreciate you sharing the pictures with us.

i'm not local and only can view the progress by what you and others have posted.

many thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!