RIP Cokie Roberts

So sad. One of my favorites. Was shocked when my friend just texted me about it. We had just talked last week about how much we liked her.

I hadn't heard. Somehow I'm having a hard time processing the actual number that she was 75, even though I know it makes perfect sense. I always appreciated her intelligence and capability.

Has she been off of the air for a while? I had no idea she was sick. Seems like she was just on TV recently.

I appreciated her work. RIP

This really hit me. My mom had breast cancer and passed away in 2005. I remember when Cokie was diagnosed, I kind of related, my mom was still alive at the time. And when I would see her on TV more recently, I would think great she beat it. RIP.

Has she been off of the air for a while? I had no idea she was sick. Seems like she was just on TV recently.

I appreciated her work. RIP
I believe she was still working but was more or less semi-retired.

Wow! She's the third big name in the last week. Sad to hear.

While I don't recall much of her work, I remember watching Murphy Brown as a kid and she was one of the competition. Loved when she and fellow female newscasters attended Murphy's baby shower. I don't think any of them are on the air anymore.

Last edited:
Never heard her nickname pronounced?

COKE-E.

Apparently it came about because a relative couldn't pronounce one of her middle names - Corrine. Birth name was Mary Martha Corinne Morrison Claiborne Boggs.
It was her older brother when she was brought home from the hospital as an infant. Corinne was the name they were going to call her, but Cokie stuck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter