Riding the Monorail with a twist.

WebmasterMike

When Yuba plays the Rumba on his Tuba...
So I am sitting at the Poly writing this down and still amazed at what a CM did for my 5 year old Son's Birthday yesterday. To cap off a great day at the parks, we got in line to ride the monorail back to the Poly from the CR after having a fabulous meal at the California Grill. My son was wearing his Birthday Pin. When arrived at the gate, the CM made the typical Birthday fuss and Ian smiled wide and said, "Thank You!" the CM, Jeffery, handed Ian the 12 pack of Monorail trading cards and told Ian and his family to stand off to the side. He advised us that Ian was getting something extra special!! Well we are all thinking "We get to ride in the Front of the Monorail." Great! Fantanstic! Awesome! Now, you must understand that Ian is a monorail nut and has 8 toy Disney Monorails at home including the Tokyo Monorails, a DL Monorail, a wooden "Thomas" style monorail, and all of the Monorail Resort Playsets. When he had us start walking the opposite direction of the cab, we were a little confused. But then Jeffery opened the rear Cockpit for us to sit in. Now I know this must not happen very often. Because the initial smell of the rear cockpit was well....smelled like the rear. But that was OK. We let the Cockpit air out for a few seconds and loaded in. Ian was flipped out! Not only did we get to see the MK, CR, and TTC behind us, It was something that not many folks every got to do...to my knowlege. Ian was in heaven and I am sure that he still dreaming about riding in the rear of the Pink Monorail even as I type this. Talk about a wonderful ending to a great day!! Thank You Jeffery!!!

IMG_3349.JPG

That is really cool I have never heard of them allowing someone to sit in the back of the monorail. They let me sit up front on my last birthday of course I was turning 26.

:goodvibes A little action that means so mutch! That's awsome!

Fabulous surprise! Now I wonder...why do you suppose they don't let people ride in the back all the time?

How cool is that!!! I'll bet he's gonna be dreaming about that for a while!!!

It seems to me that the front and rear nosecones are the same. If you look at a monorail, doesn't it look the same at both ends? If you didn't know what direction it was headed, would you know which end had the pilot/driver?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter