Riding rides during the marathon

UK_Disney_Dopey_Hopeful

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,

so ive done a lot of reading on this forum and watched a lot of YouTube videos of people taking time out of the race to ride expedition everest.

what i was wondering is, would it be possible to ride other rides at different theme parks instead if you werent keen on this one.

I know Magic Kingdom will be a no as everything ride wise is likely still to be shut. But im thinking like perhaps Tower of Terror when you get to HS (Or for those who dont mind running across the park, Slinky dog dash)

I guess Epcot is a bit pointless to stop for a ride as you are so close to the end anyway but if you dont have a park ticket for after the race could you perhaps do single rider on Test Track (NB: I will have park tickets so this more just a theoretical example)

I must admit, i really like the idea of doing Tower of Terror, but nobody seems to have mentioned this ride so im guessing its a no and its only everest youre allowed to do

Barca33Runner

DIS Veteran
Several people here have done ToT and Rock n Roller Coaster. I’m always ready to just get done and chicken out of attempting to ride them. This is more a social anxiety issue for me; not wanting to be the smelly, sweaty guy in the queue and on the ride (not that it’s not explainable at mile 23 of a marathon, but I digress). I think you’re slightly more at the mercy of the length of the queue for those rides than EE typically.

ETA: The most recent course has passed very close to ToT, it’s a slight detour to RnRC, but anything else in Hollywood Studios you’d be considerably off course. I don’t know how successful you’d be trying to detour back to Toy Story Land if they don’t change the course. Same with Epcot, although I’m pretty sure I’ve heard of people riding Test Track. Focus for Epcot for many is determining what beverage and/or food with which to cross the finish line.

tigger536

DIS Veteran
You have to plan it carefully. If you ride Everest, and stop for characters, the lines for ToT and RNR will be longer by the time you make it to studios. I know people who skip Everest and do the Studios rides instead. I like Everest, so I'll pair that with some smaller rides (last year it was Frozen and 3 Cabeleros). Some rides will let runners go thru the fast pass line (I've had excellent luck with this at Frozen),.

tigger536

DIS Veteran
I don’t know how successful you’d be trying to detour back to Toy Story Land if they don’t change the course. Same with Epcot, although I’m pretty sure I’ve heard of people riding Test Track. Focus for Epcot for many is determining what beverage and/or food with which to cross the finish line.
I know people who did the toy story rides as part of their marathon - but they skipped frozen and some of the characters. They also ran the equivalent of an ultra with all the back and forth. Lol.

mr incredibleS1

Mouseketeer
You have to plan it carefully. If you ride Everest, and stop for characters, the lines for ToT and RNR will be longer by the time you make it to studios. I know people who skip Everest and do the Studios rides instead. I like Everest, so I'll pair that with some smaller rides (last year it was Frozen and 3 Cabeleros). Some rides will let runners go thru the fast pass line (I've had excellent luck with this at Frozen),.
I like the idea of riding Frozen. It would be near the end, so if the timing was off, one could just skip it. How was the experience of riding it for you? I have never ridden a ride, and want to try this year.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DIS INSTAGRAM