Rides when your pooh sized and/or tall

nkereina

Last chance to lose your keys.
I know there's been threads on this topic in the past, but wanted to share my personal experience from this last week as a recent one and in hopes it helps others.

I'm a 5'7" female, roughly 260 lbs, size 18/XXL, and I carry my weight in my lower mid section and thighs/legs. I'm small chested with average sized shoulders. Our last trip to Universal was in 2019 and I've gained weight since then, so this was my first trip where I've had concerns about fitting on certain rides.

On RRR, I was embarrassed when they couldn't get the safety bar shut and had DH and I get off so that I could sit in the modified row. They got the modified seat's safety bar closed, but not without a push from the TM.

On Mummy, I got the safety bar to click on my own, but a TM had to ask another TM if it was OK. It was.

On Hulk, I lucked out and got a row with a modified seat (rows 1, 4, 5 and 8 I believe) so I was able to sit in that seat with no issue. The regular seats would have been too small.

On Forbidden Journey, I sat in one of the end seats which is modified and fit with no issue.

On Velocicoaster, I fit in a regular seat with no issue.

For Hagrid's and Gringott's, I tried the test seats out front before getting in line. I could not get the light to turn green on either. So I didn't ride. I presume the test seats are identical to the ride vehicle, but I was a little surprised I didn't fit in the motorbike side of Hagrid's... I had read a blog post that this was the "roomier" side. The TM even told me to pull the lap bar as I was sitting down, but no dice. Perhaps one of my traveling companions or even the TM on the ride could have assisted by pushing down, but I didn't want to risk the embarrassment.

We didn't ride Dudley Do Right which is the only other one that concerned me.

Happy to answer any questions if you share similar concerns!

Hi! I am a 5’4 female, size 16/18(one of those weird plus sized females with no chest so sometimes it’s a hassle with certain shirts hence the 16/18)!
I am able to ride Gringotts but my feet don’t touch the bottom of the vehicle. Forbidden Journey similar situation to you.
Dudley Do Rights I can answer. I rode with my dad who is 6’1” and about 250lbs. It’s a five seater single file boat. What they did was they had the smaller people at the front and back of the boat. I was the one at the back and the child of the parents that rode with us was in the front. The mom was behind the child then the husband and then my dad. They actually tell you how to get in and out of the seats rather well. But do know you will get soaked
MIB I do great in but the back row my feet dangle again. The only 4D ride I thought I was gonna have an issue with was Fallon, but that’s also cuz of the way those seats are designed. Once I maneuvered a bit I was fine.
Jurassic park River adventure was actually a little concerning for me because it’s one lap bar for the whole row and with my dad and the two other tall and big guys in our Row, while I knew we were locked in safely, there was quite a bit of room between me and the bar. I held on and was fine. ET I was also fine in. Spider-Man didn’t have a lot of people so they spread us out at that moment in the car so my mom and I had a seat between us and I had another seat open to my right.
Hope this helps!

Thanks so much for posting. I'm borderline myself (around a sz 14, 5'9") but my DH is definitely pooh sized, around 300lbs but short (5'6"). I have a bad feeling he's going to struggle with a number of rides at universal.

Thanks so much for posting. I'm borderline myself (around a sz 14, 5'9") but my DH is definitely pooh sized, around 300lbs but short (5'6"). I have a bad feeling he's going to struggle with a number of rides at universal.
The rides I listed seem to be the biggest challenges for people, everything else was accommodating. Each of these rides have test seats out front where you will pull the restraints closed. If the light turns green, you'll be good. Its sometimes embarrassing/awkward, at least for me, to use the test seats but its better than waiting in a long line or holding up the ride to get off of it. Good luck!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts