Rides that have padded seats?

Hello, I have a full hip replacement and a metal plate in the other hip. The last time I rode the frozen ride in epcot it just about killed me. I wish I could say lol but it REALLY hurt. Does anyone happen to have a list of the padded rides? I just don't get why Disney doesn't pad all these types of rides. It's not like it would cost an obscene amount of money and they have the money. Sorry, that's just my opinion.

Are you asking about the slow moving rides. I do not know of any with soft sets. Or asking about thrill rides I can think of space BTMRR EE. have some what soft sets but I would not count them as very soft

I agree with the other posters - I can’t think of many rides with padded seats. I think it’s probably easier to clean and easier for people to get in and out with solid seats. Plus, less chance of damage.
The only rides I can think of with padding at MK:
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - very lightly padded on the seat and back, but the ride can toss guests around a lot.
Space Mountain - lightly padded seats and back

I also agree the most likely places you can find padded seats is in some shows
MK shows:
Tiki Room- hard benches with rail backs
Country Bear Jamboree - hard benches with a rail back
Hall of Presidents - padded individual theater seats
Mickey’s Philharmagic - padded individual theater seats
Enchanted Tales with Belle - padded benches with NO back
Carousel of Progress - individual padded theater seats
Liberty Square Riverboat - there are a few padded benches, but they are inside and may have no view
Laugh Floor - hard benches with backs

EPCOT shows
American Adventure - padded individual theater seats
Awesome Planet (movie in The Land) - padded individual theater seats
Beauty and The Beast Singalong/ Impressions de France - padded individual theater seats (currently singalong is during day and Impressions de France in Evening)
Disney/Pixar Short Film Festival - padded individual theater seats
Turtle Talk - hard benches without backs

There are two 360 theaters with views all around - Canada and China. They have a very few padded benches in the back, but most guests stand with wooden rails to lean against.

EPCOT rides with padded seats
Mission Space - seat is lightly padded
Soarin’ - seats are not padded, but they are flexible fabric, so not really hard

Disney Hollywood Studio shows
Beauty and the Beast - hard metal benches with backs
Fantasmic - hard metal benches, no back
Frozen Sing-along - individual padded theater seats
Indiana Jones Stuntil Show - hard metal benches with backs
Lightning McQueen Racing Academy - hard benches without backs
Muppet Vision 3D - individual padded theater seats
Star Wars: The Adventure Continues - lightly padded individual theater seats
Voyage of the Little Mermaid - padded individual theater seats
Walt Disney Presents (theater at the end of the Walt Disney Story) - padded individual theater seats

Disney Hollywood Studios rides with padded seats
Millennium Falcon Smuggler’s Run - lightly padded individual seats
Rock N Roller Coaster - lightly padded individual seats

Animal Kingdom shows
It‘s Tough to Be a Bug -
Festival of the Lion King - hard benches without backs
Finding Nemo, the Musical - wooden benches with backs
Flights of Wonder (bird show in Asia) - wooden benches without backs

Animal Kingdom rides with padded seat
Dinosaur - lightly padded individual seats, but the ride is very rough
Kilimanjaro Safari - slightly padded bench seats with unpadded backs

Hello, I have a full hip replacement and a metal plate in the other hip. The last time I rode the frozen ride in epcot it just about killed me. I wish I could say lol but it REALLY hurt. Does anyone happen to have a list of the padded rides? I just don't get why Disney doesn't pad all these types of rides. It's not like it would cost an obscene amount of money and they have the money. Sorry, that's just my opinion.

I searched Amazon for highest-rated cushions with a no-slip bottom, and a handle. I found this one; very highly rated, and might just buy for myself!

I've been warned that any attraction with a restraint system will not allow you to bring a cushion.

RIght - and that's for good reason 😉 Nobody wants to go slip-sliding away under a lap bar at a crucial moment in the ride!

The cushion that I found does have a non slip grip material on the bottom, which will help prevent sliding around on the rides that *do* allow it. Additionally, it should be allowable for all shows and dining venues. If our new friend, the OP, can use it as much as possible, it might make the trip much more manageable for them - even if they can't use it on every single ride.

But thank you for remembering that - it is important info!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter