Rides/attractions that you just don't "get"

LizzyS

DIS Veteran
As the title suggests, what are the rides and attractions that you've experienced at DL/CA that you just don't see what the big fuss is all about? Or, also, the ones that are mentioned frequently as being bad, but you just had to experience it for yourself once, anyway, and then realized everyone was right? lol

Mine probably falls more into the latter category, but I just HAD to see. Roger Rabbit. The line is dreary and mostly uninteresting as well, in my opinion. Honestly, I think they could have done something different and more interesting with the Roger Rabbit concept.

My husband would probably list all of the Fantasyland dark rides if I were to ask him this question, lol. I made him ride ALL of them last time we visited. :woohoo:

For Nemo. I can not see why people would wait more than 5 minutes for this. It was cool but hot and cramped the one time I went on it. We went right at rope drop, got straight on and when we got off the ride it jumped to a 45 minute wait. Wow!

I haven't done the subs yet because of the wait time and I just can't see going there as soon as I get in the park because of their bad reputation!

KeepOnDreaming said:
For Nemo. I can not see why people would wait more than 5 minutes for this. It was cool but hot and cramped the one time I went on it. We went right at rope drop, got straight on and when we got off the ride it jumped to a 45 minute wait. Wow!

I have. To agree I don't know why people wait in such a long line for this.

When it comes to Fantasyland rides I think people need to retain some perspective - sure maybe they are not all that thrilling by today's standards but just imagine what the 8 year old visiting in 1955 thought of them - they would have been amazing at that time.

Disneyland was quite the ground breaker when it opened and the fact it still sees the lines it does today, even for these classic rides, says a lot to the imagination and insight of Walt Disney!

For me though, it's Nemo and Autopia - they just do not impress me at all and even if I could walk on them I don't know that I would bother.

For me, it's Soarin. I've ridden it some, but I just don't feel like it's that great, and it really blows my mind how popular it is with the wdw crowds.

I agree. This is a ride I won't wait for so we have skipped it the last couple of trips.

Not that I don't get it but I wish they would change the Snow White ride. It's got to be the worst ride in FL.

Storybook Canal Boats. I did it once but that's all for me. It was cute but that was about it.

I agree with the PP about Nemo and Autotopia.
I'm really hoping the rumors are true and something new will be taking that valuable space soon.

My vote is for Roger Rabbit. I never understand why that line is always so long. I have an even harder time understanding why it has a fast pass machine.

At DCA, I dont get Goofy Sky School. (or as I call it, the ball crusher) I always leave that ride feeling VERY uncomfortable! :crazy2:

POTC. I just don't get it AT ALL. It portrays violence against women and drinking and it smells dank down there. Totally lost on me.

larina said:
POTC. I just don't get it AT ALL. It portrays violence against women and drinking and it smells dank down there. Totally lost on me.

If you think it portrays violence against women now, you would have hated it pre refurbishment when the pirates chased the women, not the other way around now.

I have two, the first one is Nemo, I only went on that one because my son really wanted to and we had already hit all the rides we wanted to hit that day. It was only a 20 minute wait so that wasn't too bad.

The other is one I have never gone on but will never go on and that is the one where you sit in a canoe and row. I have no desire to row a canoe and if I did, I wouldn't do it at DL.

True it does, but it is also about Pirates, not quite sure how they can be portrayed in a positive fashion, it's pretty dark subject matter.

What I never got was how the POTC movies are targetted at kids - my DD watched the original one when she was 10 and still she seemed taken back by some of it - but there are toys and all kinds of junk aimed at little kids when the movie is clearly above their heads.

My vote is for Roger Rabbit. I never understand why that line is always so long. I have an even harder time understanding why it has a fast pass machine.

At DCA, I dont get Goofy Sky School. (or as I call it, the ball crusher) I always leave that ride feeling VERY uncomfortable! :crazy2:

:rotfl:DH won't go on it either, and has also given it a name (ball buster). I don't like it because of the height and feeling like every turn I will go sailing off the edge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!