Rider Switch? What is it?

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/guest-services/rider-switch/

Rider Switch
This handy feature allows adult Guests to take turns waiting with youngsters or Guests unable to ride.
What Is Rider Switch and How Does It Work?

If a Guest doesn’t meet the boarding requirements or doesn’t wish to experience a particular attraction, it’s not a problem for family and friends who do!

With Rider Switch, one adult or supervising Guest (14 years or older) can wait with non-riders while the rest of the party enjoys the attraction. Then, they simply switch roles to allow the supervising Guest to experience the attraction without waiting in the regular queue again.

Rider Switch is available at select attractions in Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park.

Yah it's basically for families who have 1-2 small kids who can't get on rides. It allows one adult to stay with the child, then immediately get to swap and ride as well without having to wait in line.

Does it still allow up to 3 guests like it used to? I'm traveling with my nephew, husband, and infant. Would my nephew be able to ride again with whoever swapped?

I will be heading to WDW with my 4 year old son, who isn't tall enough for some of the more popular FP+ rides, so my wife and I will have to swap taking turns waiting with him while the other rides. Do we both have to get FP+s to do this?

Oops, wrong thread. Moderator, could you move this to the corresponding thread or post for WDW?

Does it still allow up to 3 guests like it used to? I'm traveling with my nephew, husband, and infant. Would my nephew be able to ride again with whoever swapped?
The CM asked for which two kids would be reriding with me when we did it. He loaded the RS on each of our tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!