Rider swap...

KateMW

DIS Veteran
Almost afraid to ask. :)

But I'm gonna!

I've read a couple of posts but I'm a little confused.

We are a family of 4. Two adults, 15 year old daughter at time of travel, 6 year old son then as well.

I will book FPs for everybody regardless of size/desire to ride BUT for example...

RnR- Son will be too short to ride, so do we need to get there at the very beginning of our FP window to ride back to back with Fastpasses and one of us rides with DD and the other alone? OR do we present shorty at the FP line, point out we all have FPs and they do the rider swap so we go FP and then back though the FP with the rider swap?

Also, on the rides son WON'T ride, like Mine Train {not a fan of the witch and doesn't believe me that they took her out! Because it's a lie.}, I assume DD can just use his FP/band and ride with whoever goes second through the FP line but we should get there at the beginning of the time to make sure we don't miss it?

For rides that your son is too short, you can get rider swap. Since you all have FP, you could also choose to get there early in the FP window and take turns riding without getting a rider swap. This would mean one adult and the 16 yo would ride using their FP, then the other adult could ride using their FP (and if you had a FP for your son, your daughter could use his band and ride with the second adult as well). Getting the rider swap would make it so you don't have to worry about getting group 2 scanned in before the end of the FP window. One adult and the daughter could ride with FP and the other adult and same daughter could get rider swap added and ride with that.

With rides that your son is tall enough for, your daughter can use his band (and his FP) to ride with the second adult after using her FP to ride with the first adult. Or you can all wait in line together and ask to swap at boarding. One adult would wait at boarding with your son while the other adult and daughter ride. When they get back, the waiting adult can ride (and they would likely allow your daughter to ride a second time so the second adult doesn't have to ride alone).

Ok thanks! Didn't realize for things that he WON'T ride, we could swap there.

Ok thanks! Didn't realize for things that he WON'T ride, we could swap there.

Yup. The difference is if he's tall enough to enter the line, you'd swap at boarding rather than getting the rider swap loaded to the magic bands and waiting outside the line.

and they won't kick them out to wait for us outside if he doesn't ride? Thanks @LongLiveRafiki

They shouldn't. The adult waiting with him at boarding while the first group rides would be riding when they get back so it wouldn't really make sense to not let them stay there. They'll show you where to stand off to the side so you're out of the way of others getting on and off the ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter