Rider Swap at the end of the night

theyoungs07

Mouseketeer
I'm new to the digital rider swap and I couldn't find this answer anywhere.

From what I've read, rider swap digital passes are good until end of day.

We couldn't get SDD FP, so we figured we'd go at the end of the day and get in line...but how would that affect the second party? I was originally figuring we'd get a ticket and we'd use it on a later day at DHS, but with digital this doesn't seem to be possible.

If we approach the line at 8:50pm, will they let group 2 get in the line even if it's after the official park close time?

Thanks
Neil

I haven't used rider switch with the new system at all but I'm pretty sure they won't let anyone enter the line after official park closing time. I think the first party would have to get in line early enough that the second party could enter the line before closing time.

Here's another recent thread where people have shared their experiences. Some have been allowed to do a switch at boarding, but that may depend on the age of the child (those reporting seem to have infants as opposed to toddlers/preschoolers near the height limit). I would not expect them to allow the 2nd party into the queue past closing.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/rider-swap-near-park-closing-time.3738389/

Enjoy your vacation!

I have never done this but I agree that they probably won't let the second people in line after closing. Perhaps they might give you an Anytime FP that is good for the next day??? I really don't know.

I was reading on another forum in January, where the second group was allowed to re-enter the queue at FoP after the first party exited (90 minutes later), and there were several other groups doing the same thing at the same time they were.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!