Richard Pety Driving Experience

rodandmel

Earning My Ears
Has ony one gone through the driving experince at WDW? If so what are your recommendations???

DH and I did the drive-along two years ago - loved it! Our only goal now is to try it at a larger track - the WDW track is small and you only get up to about 120 mph since there's no big straight-away. I'd rather do Daytona or Lowe's where you can reach 190 mph.
Still a fun experience though - we didn't drive as it was too expensive, but that would have been awesome!!!
We got 20% discount for being DVC members - check any discounts if you have AP or even AAA might.

I did this last summer along with a GF's hubby. It was great fun well worth the cost. We originally signed up for 8 laps, then decided to do the ride-along first, after our 8 laps Wes signed up for another 8!!!

I think I ended up spending about $600 that day (including souvenir photos).

Where is it located? I was wondering how much it would cost for a cab to & from?

We took a bus to the MK, then the monorail to the Transportation and Ticket Center - there is a sign for a shuttle beside the dog kennel there to wait at, and they will pick you up and drop you off in a Richard Petty shuttle - don't have to pay for a cab!

I got dh 2 ride-along passes for his birthdy in January and he is doing it next month on our trip. He did one at Kansas International Speedway last year and loved it!!

If you don't need the tickets before December, it would be well worth the wait to get them around Christmas, because they have a special for the ride along. I got tickets for my DH and D F-I-L for $79 each. I think they run this promotion every year, and the tickets are good for any track that has the Richard Petty Experience. We are off to the world in November, so I expect them to be zipping around the track then, and then bugging me to keep my eye out for a special where they get to drive themselves for this year's present.

Oh, where would we find this special when it becomes available? Sounds perfect.

Oh, where would we find this special when it becomes available? Sounds perfect.

I found out about it right here on the DIS. I think it was the budget board where it was posted. Ever since buying them I have been getting emails, so if I get a good deal one, I will be sure to post it-most likely on the budget board because that is the one I seem to visit most often.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter