Rhône River Cruise Meets Thread

sayhello

Have Camera, Will Travel
Here it is! The Meets Thread for the new ABD Rhône River Cruises! Post here to talk & share about this trip and hopefully connect with other DISers on the same departure.

sayhello

Have Camera, Will Travel
I'm signed up for the May 14th Adults Only Rhône River Cruise, in one of the Single Cabins (Category S). Anyone else signed up for this or get a Single cabin?

Sayhello

• *WDW*Groupie*

DIS Veteran
    Wish I was on your cruise @sayhello! I am booked with my ds on October 1st. With my big Africa trip with dd in June, 2020, I couldn't fathom going away during the summer (especially when I have no clue where she'll be or what she will be doing!). This is the safest date for us!

My ds is fluent in french (he went to a french school from kindergarten to grade 11) so we won't have to worry about any language barriers (my french is not very good anymore).

I am starting to look at single supplements on trips. I will probably be travelling solo in the next few years.

sayhello

Have Camera, Will Travel
    Wish I was on your cruise @sayhello! I am booked with my ds on October 1st. With my big Africa trip with dd in June, 2020, I couldn't fathom going away during the summer (especially when I have no clue where she'll be or what she will be doing!). This is the safest date for us!

My ds is fluent in french (he went to a french school from kindergarten to grade 11) so we won't have to worry about any language barriers (my french is not very good anymore).

I am starting to look at single supplements on trips. I will probably be travelling solo in the next few years.
    I wish that had worked out. I don't know if May was the only Adults Only cruise that had a Category S cabin available or if my Travel Agent just went in order of dates & grabbed that one. :) I did tell her that I prefer traveling in May, so I was glad from that perspective.

Ooo! Nice to not have to worry about the language. My knowledge of French is *EXTREMELY* limited, and rather poorly pronounced. :)

Sayhello

tgeorge

DIS Veteran
    My Mom and I are signed up for the July 9-16, 2020. I was looking at September or October for an adult only itinerary, but my Mom turns 65 on July 9, so she felt like this was meant to be:) I’m excited to see the lavender fields in bloom though, so it will be a fantastic mother/daughter trip!

quinnc19

DIS Veteran
    My dear daughter who'll be turning 13 and I will be traveling on the June 11 to June 18 sailing. I think we will fly into London, spend a couple days there and in the English countryside, and probably take the Chunnel train to Paris. I would like her to see the major sites there since she's never been, and I'm debating a night at Disneyland Paris. So excited!

• tgeorge

DIS Veteran
    My dear daughter who'll be turning 13 and I will be traveling on the June 11 to June 18 sailing. I think we will fly into London, spend a couple days there and in the English countryside, and probably take the Chunnel train to Paris. I would like her to see the major sites there since she's never been, and I'm debating a night at Disneyland Paris. So excited!
    I’m also considering two nights at DLP before the cruise. I need to look into it and decide what to do, but I’m leaning in that direction.

WildGinger

Mouseketeer
    Hi! We are booked for July 9-16. It is my husband,myself, and 12 year old son! So excited! We are also leaning towards doing a few days at DLP before the cruise as well.

Jess_S

DIS Veteran
    Hi! We are booked for July 9-16. It is my husband,myself, and 12 year old son! So excited! We are also leaning towards doing a few days at DLP before the cruise as well.
    We are looking at this cruise, but I do not see a 3 person room option. Are you all in 1 room?

sayhello

Have Camera, Will Travel
    We are looking at this cruise, but I do not see a 3 person room option. Are you all in 1 room?
    The Seine and Rhône river cruises are being run with ships that were not customized to the ABD configuration (they were built prior to 2016) so they don't have the 3-person cabins.

Sayhello

• Grifdog22

Barking Mad!
    I'm signed up for the May 14th Adults Only Rhône River Cruise, in one of the Single Cabins (Category S). Anyone else signed up for this or get a Single cabin?

Sayhello
    This morning Kathleen and I have just booked this for the May 14 trip as well. We were supposed to be on an adventure this week out on Ocracoke Island off the coast of North Carolina, but as they were wiped pretty clean by Dorian and just now letting residents back on the south end of the island (it's been cut up into several pieces again by the storms) it looks like it will be awhile before they recover - so the 2019 vacation just popped to May on 2020. I did get the current sale price, and the free pre-night using the Disney Visa for the deposit and using the Costco line gives us another $425 pp rebate. Kathleen says she will use all of that at the Maison des Canuts Jacquard silk.

Tobi - we look forward to finally meeting you in person after all these years. Again, following the advice to jump on new trips before they cut them back...Thanks again for everything.

sayhello

Have Camera, Will Travel
    This morning Kathleen and I have just booked this for the May 14 trip as well. We were supposed to be on an adventure this week out on Ocracoke Island off the coast of North Carolina, but as they were wiped pretty clean by Dorian and just now letting residents back on the south end of the island (it's been cut up into several pieces again by the storms) it looks like it will be awhile before they recover - so the 2019 vacation just popped to May on 2020. I did get the current sale price, and the free pre-night using the Disney Visa for the deposit and using the Costco line gives us another $425 pp rebate. Kathleen says she will use all of that at the Maison des Canuts Jacquard silk.

Tobi - we look forward to finally meeting you in person after all these years. Again, following the advice to jump on new trips before they cut them back...Thanks again for everything.
    YAY!!!!! Sorry for the reason it happened, but SO looking forward to meeting you two and traveling with you! :jumping1:

It looks like a fun trip! And it just got funner!

Sayhello

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates