RFID wristbands for resort guests will we get DVC ones

Sammie

DIS Veteran
I mentioned previously that with the new LILO system there would be the possiblity of new enchancements that would provide ways for Disney to limit access, this system can be used for fass pass, pools, buses and other tranportation. Basically the sky is the limit.

Do you think we can get DVC ones. ;) And yes if you look at the photos, they come with snaps, so you can take them off.

http://dizfanatic.com/DizTech012.aspx

Okay. I'm loving this. BUT... how will Disney know it's me that has my wristband?

Also, I had to have surgery on my wrists a while back and they are a little larger. Well, actually, they have always been larger. I have always had large hands and large feet so the wrists have been large too. Will they have a wristband that fits me?

and what about security concerns of the rfid signal being "stolen". Can it then be used to charge things to my account?

I do not see Disney ever adapting this nearly as wide spread as the company promotes its potential. There are a LOT of concerns with RFID technology and the ability to steal the information using a receiver and duplicating the chips, etc.

Now, the uses that I could definitely see this for....possible room entry, while someone might have the codes, they wouldn't have the room numbers associated. Locker rentals, maybe fastpasses, They "could" link park passes...but that could get iffy and would have to be tied into the biometrics to verify the user. Fastpasses would be doable....but never expect them to do room charging (except maybe at waterparks) or any other activity which could see widespread abuse/fraud.

This new system makes us much too connected and makes me very uncomfortable... Big Brother and all that kind of thing.

I LOVE the options possibly become available but I agree with PPs the scary part is the security aspect of it.
Stolen or lost wristbands could spell disaster with room charging privileges. Plus I'm curious about what info is being stored in the band? Can we wipe the info on there after the trip. I always take our KTTW card home to make sure I shred them.

If they could guarantee the security of the RFID technology, I'd be all for this with Disney, but as there are so many proven insecurities with RFID, I don't like it. I also picture someone walking by me when I'm outside the park, snatching off my wristband and bolting.

I always take our KTTW card home to make sure I shred them.

I take mine home and keep them in a big box. It's not for security. Now that I'm forced to consider it, I'M NOT SURE WHY I KEEP THEM!! :rotfl:

I take mine home and keep them in a big box. It's not for security. Now that I'm forced to consider it, I'M NOT SURE WHY I KEEP THEM!! :rotfl:

Well if you're a scrapbooker like me then I completely understand the obsession of keeping trinkets like your KTTW. I always wonder if I could just wipe magnet over the cards if that'll be enough to mess up whatever info is on it. Then I can keep the cards and put them in my books :laughing:

Eh. I don't use the dining plan and I would carry a credit card (a regular one, no RFID, although eventually it will probably come to all credit cards) rather than have a bunch of money in an account accessible through a RFID bracelet.

Don't want videos of myself either.

So it'll be something to use to get into the room and the park...will they put my annual pass on a wristband and i will just have to keep it all year?

Eventually they are just going to implant a chip in everybody's head.

I LOVE the options possibly become available but I agree with PPs the scary part is the security aspect of it.
Stolen or lost wristbands could spell disaster with room charging privileges. Plus I'm curious about what info is being stored in the band? Can we wipe the info on there after the trip. I always take our KTTW card home to make sure I shred them.

And how is that concern different than the many people that wear KTTW lanyards because of EMH?

My main concern with wristbands is sensitive skin that breaks out. I know some people that can almost survive a few hours wearing a wristband, but could never do all day.

I could see looping the wristband around a lanyard and wearing it that way if you do not want to wear it on your wrist. I hope they come out with a Captain Jack Sparrow version!!!

And how is that concern different than the many people that wear KTTW lanyards because of EMH?

That's true.
I guess I never thought about it that way because we don't ever wear it (specifically for that reason... accidentally forgotten somewhere, fell off, etc.).

I keep thinking about the problems the U.S. Government has with the RIFD chip in passports. The first ones issued could be read by portable scanners that thieves could easily purchase and get all of your personal information.

I thought at Mastercard was get away from the scan a pay cards for the same reason.

I don't about this one. I guess it would depend on the security.

Otherwise they could be really popular especially the custom ones. But I rarely wear a watch anymore and now of all places wearing a wristband at theme park sounds like something that will get lost kind of easy. They'd have to have a really good clasp and not just a simple snap.

I can see dastardly people sniffing the wristband (not literally) as one casually stands in line for an attraction.

I could see looping the wristband around a lanyard and wearing it that way if you do not want to wear it on your wrist. I hope they come out with a Captain Jack Sparrow version!!!

Exactly, I can't wear the wristbands as I have some type of contact allergy to it, but I am fine with putting mine on a lanyard.

It would be easier than having to find your resort ID for EMH as it is done right now, which is a major pain. I kept dropping mine all night.

and what about security concerns of the rfid signal being "stolen". Can it then be used to charge things to my account?

I think they could require you to also enter a 4 digit code to confirm your identity before a purchase is completed. No way to steal a pass code from your head.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter