Rewards for Thoughts : Free BA Avios available

MichelinMan

I Am Speed - Ka-Chow!!!!
For those people who are saving Avios to help pay for BA flights, I have been using a site called Rewards for Thoughts to get more Avios that I might be able to use towards flights, a hire car or even a hotel room with BA.

You get Avios for completing online surveys. So far I have got over 1800 miles, and only been doing it a couple of weeks. 6000 miles seems to get you £60 off BA bookings, so worth a little look. I have lots of time where I am just hanging around doing nothing, so doing surveys on my phone easily tots up some extra Avios.

Can I ask surveys about what please
All sorts - stuff like recognising brands, social attitudes, plenty of stuff about gaming, TV viewing, use of digital devices, shopping etc. The site links to other external surveys, none of which seem to ask for personal data like names - more general questions like age range, postcode etc. I was worried it would be asking for really detailed stuff (as I would ignore those surveys). There have been one or two which wanted to install some software to assist the survey, but I just declined those ones.

One survey I did was really interesting talking about NOW TV, and what I thought of different ways they might package and sell their product. The way I saw it, it was an opportunity to feed back views that might make their product more appealing to myself (been considering switching to NOW TV from Sky for a while now).

I did one survey which was a bit pointless though - it was about a company I had never heard of - Decathlon I think it was called (a sports shop by all accounts). I told the survey I hadn't heard of it, but it then proceeded to ask loads of questions about it - so I just clicked 'don't know' for about 50 questions, and a nice easy 50 Avios in the bank! You do wonder about the lack of thought behind some of these surveys.

Didn't know about E-Rewards for Virgin. Thanks for the heads up for that - need another 1,000 miles for Virgin, so that could help.

All I'd say is e-rewards take a lot longer to build up than rewards as you have to exchange a set amount for airmiles. I found virgin credit card was better to get 1000 but e-rewards is good if you want to build up slowly. Also might be worth looking at the price to purchase as 1000 isn't too far off.. Here' the info on E-rewards https://www.virginatlantic.com/gb/en/flying-club/partners/our-uk-partners/erewards-panel.html

All I'd say is e-rewards take a lot longer to build up than rewards as you have to exchange a set amount for airmiles. I found virgin credit card was better to get 1000 but e-rewards is good if you want to build up slowly. Also might be worth looking at the price to purchase as 1000 isn't too far off.. Here' the info on E-rewards https://www.virginatlantic.com/gb/en/flying-club/partners/our-uk-partners/erewards-panel.html
Already got the Virgin credit card, and I've had an e-Rewards account in the past - but hadn't used it for a while, so waiting for it to be re-activated. Didn't remember that you could exchange stuff for Virgin miles. Any shortfall I have on Virgin miles I might need I will use my Tesco clubcard vouchers for. Think it is something like 625 miles for £2.50 of Clubcard vouchers, which isn't too bad. Cheaper than buying miles directly.

Already got the Virgin credit card, and I've had an e-Rewards account in the past - but hadn't used it for a while, so waiting for it to be re-activated. Didn't remember that you could exchange stuff for Virgin miles. Any shortfall I have on Virgin miles I might need I will use my Tesco clubcard vouchers for. Think it is something like 625 miles for £2.50 of Clubcard vouchers, which isn't too bad. Cheaper than buying miles directly.

Very true! Always forget about clubcard exchange!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter