• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Reviews of V&A, Citricos,R&C,LeCellier, etc...

litlpixie

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone!!
I just got back from a NO-KIDS trip.....which was great :thumbsup2

Had dinner at restaurants I wouldn't have taken the kids to and I figured I'd just post some quick thoughts:

Citricos-GREAT FOOD......Our server was exellent!!! :thumbsup2 There was hardly anyone there that night, it seemed we almost had the place to ourselves, very romantic :love:

Victoria & Albert's--very nice experience,romantic aptmosphere, although I thought the food was generally good and definitely top-notch ingredients, it was not the best meal I have ever had....there were alot of things put in front of that I didnt recognize (ate it anyway) , and some things I just did NOT like (truffled egg :scared: ) Service though, was fabulous!

California Grill-I had possibly the BEST fillet of beef ever in my life, and the 3-cheese flatbread....did you ever see that episode of Everybody Loves Raymond, where they eat that really good pizza and all they can say is "Holy Crap!!!" Well, the flatbreads at the Cali Grill were "Holy Crap!!"..HOWEVER,
the place is noisy as hell, which I thought kind of hurt the ambience, and our server always seemed liked she couldnt wait for us to hurry up,eat and be gone, but she was nice enough.

LeCellier--Had lunch here, it was ok, the cheese soup is really good, I should have just ordered that, instead a combo, which included a very tiny bowl of the soup. The dessert, however, was the BEST I had all week, it was this Balsalmic Strawberry ice cream, with a clump of something on top, NO, I dont know WHAT it was....but it was awesome!!! :thumbsup2 Service....just ok, very nice waiter, although talked VERY fast.....another waiter in a hurry ;)

Rose & Crown...Server was so sweet, wanted to take her home and make her my kid's nanny :lmao: She was great and let us keep our table outside and we didnt even ask!! Food wasnt bad, I had the chcken pasty , DBF had some beef dish, both were pretty good......the view, of course was great!!

Thats about it......time to get back on the treadmill!! :smooth:

Thanks for the reviews. What did you eat at Citricos?

:wave: Hi ya'll

litlpixie - When you went to V&A; what exactly did they serve? Do they call you prior to your arrival @ home & ask when your likes or dislikes are? :confused3

We're going in Nov 06 & I don't know what to expect except for what I've read on these boards. It's like venturing out into the unknown. :rotfl:

sounds like you had fun ! ! Your reviews were great !

wilderness gal said:
:wave: Hi ya'll

litlpixie - When you went to V&A; what exactly did they serve? Do they call you prior to your arrival @ home & ask when your likes or dislikes are? :confused3

We're going in Nov 06 & I don't know what to expect except for what I've read on these boards. It's like venturing out into the unknown. :rotfl:

sounds like you had fun ! ! Your reviews were great !

Yes, they called us about a week or so before and asked us about any food allergies or limitations. When we arrived, we received the menus and had to choose an app., salad cours, fish course, main course, Intermezzo, and finally dessert and coffee. You'll always find something you like on the menu, so don't be afraid. I didnt want my review to seem negative, I would go back, but its an awful lot of money, so I felt obligated to eat EVERYTHING that was placed in front me :rotfl: even the things I couldn't recognize!! Its really more of an experience as a whole, you know? The waitstaff you have will be at your beck & call for the entire time. I have NEVER witnessed better service.

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

litlpixie said:
Hi everyone!!
I
California Grill-I had possibly the BEST fillet of beef ever in my life, and the 3-cheese flatbread....did you ever see that episode of Everybody Loves Raymond, where they eat that really good pizza and all they can say is "Holy Crap!!!" Well, the flatbreads at the Cali Grill were "Holy Crap!!"..
:smooth:

I gotta agree! That filet is wonderful. I look forward to it every year. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the reviews. We are eating at Citricos and Le Cellier on our upcoming trip. We've never eaten at Le Cellier, but we have eaten at California Grill and Citricos. Both are great restaurants and we had a hard time choosing between them on this trip. But we only wanted to do one Signature Dining, so Citricos had the slight edge. Maybe next time we go, we'll return to California Grill.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter