Reviews from my 5/3-5/7 trip

CBCit

Love the Mousecat
Just returned from a 5 night stay at Pop Century and thought I would share our restaurant experience.
For breakfast we ate in the Pop food court daily where we found there to be plenty to choose from for everyone. The food was typical of this type of atmosphere, not really good or bad, just a quick breakfast to start the day.
We ate our lunches on the go and kind of sampled a little of everything.Pizza from Pizzafari at AK was pretty bad,but the chicken parm sandwich was better. Turkey legs at MGM and MK were great. We enjoyed plenty of frozen lemonades at AK and MGM and frozen cappachinos at MGM and Italy in the Epcot World Showcase.
Our big meal of each day was dinner, so here goes:

Boma: My family really loves this place. It is always a treat to visit the beautiful AKL and the food and wait staff at Bomas is always wonderful. We especially enjoyed the soups, one was a seafood soup with mussels and scallops which was delicious. All the meats were tasty, the salmon was a little bland. All the veggies, potatoe dishes and African pasta salads were great as was the cous cous(hope I spelled that right). The zebra domes were actually better then last time and the choice of desserts was excellent. My husband mentioned it was my 50th birthday and our waiter brought out a plate with Happy 50th written in chocolate and decorated with chocolate and candy Mickeys and a few cookies, pastries and a candle. It was very nice and a great ending to a great dinner.

O'hanas: I was one of the people asking for help choosing between O'hanas and the Kona Cafe. We choose O'hanas because I had a feeling my husband would think Kona was to much like a coffee shop and because O'hanas is kind of a Disney classic favorite and we had never been. Sure enough while waiting to be seated at O'hanas we walked over to Konas and the first thing my DH says is this place looks like a coffee shop! Anyway we were given a great table at O'hanas with a lovely view of the GF and lake,etc. We really liked the salad, fried wontons,shrimp and chicken wings. We were not thrilled with the meats on the skewers, they were kind of dry and not very tasty. But we ate lots of shrimp and chicken wings so we were fine. In fact our waiter told us about some guy who broke the shrimp eating record at 119 so my DH tried to beat him, he didn't but we all had fun with this. The games for the children was a nice touch and if my kids were still young I probably would return just for this aspect of the restaurant(mine are 15 and 19).The bread pudding dessert was delicious. My husband was on a roll with celebrating my birthday so I again got a nicely decorated plate with cupcake and candle. Overall we enjoyed O'hanas but not enough to make it a must visit for future trips.

Rose & Crown: I thought my family would yell at me for picking a place with weird food and I was so wrong, we LOVED this place. We got a wonderful patio table and enjoyed watching Illuminations while we ate dessert, a real treat. We had a wonderful friendly server named Sarah. We had a shrimp cocktail appetizer which was more like shrimp salad then the usual, but very tasty, although the shrimp were tiny. Both kids had the lamb and barley soup,it was deliciious. My daughter and I both loved the chicken pasty, my husband said his beef stew was very good, my DS enjoyed Mac and Cheese,which they served him with no problem even though he is 15.My husband tried a beer called Harps which he enjoyed. For dessert we had the apple crumbly,which was great. Now tonight was my DD's 19th birthday so we both got a nicely presented plate with cupcake and candle. But at this restaurant the whole wait staff sang to us with lots of yelling and cheering and we got Mickey Mouse birthday cards that they all signed. This was great!!

Prime Time Cafe: We were very dissappointed here. We had been here before and had lots of fun,but although our waiter was a nice guy he did not go with the program and we really missed being yelled at during dinner. The food was just OK,it is really the interaction that makes this restaurant worth going to. We had seafood primavera,pot roast,fried chicken,which were good,but not incredible. Once again my husband announced our birthdays so we got cupcakes and the waiter had everyone sing Happy Birthday which was nice.

Whispering Canyon Cafe: We really got a kick out of this place. I was thrilled to get a last minute ADR here(my DD was sick for the beginning of our trip so we did some last minute rearranging,our last night was supposed to be House of Blues and Downtown Disney, but we went to the MK instead so she would not miss a day at her favorite park).We shared the family skillet and we really enjoyed it. All the food was good and my son pointed out that the sausage here was much,much better then at O'hanas. The antics were really fun and began when they called us to be seated and my daughter was lagging behind walking across the lobby from the bathroom. The host starts yelling across the lobby, hurry it up Citron we have hungry people here,etc. We got our napkins and straws thrown at us,when my husband asked for Equal they brought him the whole box and plopped it on the table,someone asked for ketchup and all the kids in the restaurant brough them bottles and bottles of it. It was really fun and of course my DH had to mention the birthdays again(I begged him not to) and here we had to stand up while they announced both our ages and sang Happy Birthday with the whole restaurant. Again they brought out a decorated plate with a cupcake and candle. We really enjoyed the whole experience here and would recommend this restaurant highly for both food and fun.

All in all we had a good trip and I hope these reviews are helpful!

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Thanks for the reviews. You did a really good job of describing both the food and the atmosphere are each restaurant.

Boma and the Rose and Crown are on our itinerary this month.

You will enjoy both Maggi May. And we are Noles fans,too! DD goes to FSU!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter