Review of Plaza Gardens Character Breakfast

We've been there too last week. My feelings are the same.
There were too many people at once. We did the second seating. It was chaos going in so I was stressed out from the beginning. They should not do 2 seatings but many different times.
I think it is okay to not let everyone go to get food at the same time at the buffet. That was okay with me.

We just wanted the kids to take pictures so the caracters didn't stay long and except for Tigger didn't do much interaction but the people around us had a lot of interaction inidividual pictures, groups, autographs. That didn't seem rushed to me.
What I personally didn't like was the food. I paid a hefty sum on top of the breakfast I could have had at the hotel bc it was in my dining plan so I expected better items there. But they had the same items the hotel had. It was cheap and bland also catering too much to Brits. I means it's France they should at least have decent croissants and some nice cheese. Even though we had the second seating the food was taken away very quickly. I expect to be able to go back to the buffet and not take just one plate and pile stuff on skyhigh bc I won't get more. Also no one said we had just so little time. The coffee was really gross. The same machines at the hotels and restaurants. Ugh I can't do without a decent coffe so had to back outside for the Starbucks. I am in no way picky and the complaining type but I really did not like it.
We did a couple character breakfasts in wdw and I liked those. Especially tusker house.
They really need to improve this breakfast

What do you mean so little time? Like time to get food between characters?

Yes, the caracters came by before we were allowed to go to the buffet. My husband was still in the queue to get coffee, the only thing we were allowed to get and missed the first character. So we went after the first 3 were gone and then a lot of things were gone already. The next 3 characters came by and I wanted to get some pancakes after that but they had started to take down the buffet by then.

I wanted to do this as i had free counter service half board breakfast and thought it would be a 8 euro supplement per person.

Conceirge at Newport Bay said it would cost 25 euros each. Mind losing: i aint paying that. Even the guy said it was too expensive and not to do it.

Read somewhere else that characters can only spend 30 seconds per table. they saw Tigger get into an altercation with one of the restaurant managers and Piglet walk off halfway when a group wanted to take a picture of them altogether.

Magic. - I would have paid to see all that.

Anyway - i made do of seeing Piglett through the plaza gardens window. i couldnt pay 50 euros for two of us to have some crossiants and Pigletts backside being in my photo as he wouldnt have time to pose up!

sod that.

Poor performers though - having to deal with all that.

Somebody wrote you only get one picture but the characters did several pictures with each table when we were there

You misunderstood me. I wrote that Mickey tried to run off after each Picture.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter