Review of "final" plans?

Mels707

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,

We are going next week, but didn't book until within the 180 day window. I've been adjusting a lot in the last couple weeks as I've found luck with getting reservations. We are not on the dining plan as we are staying off site, but still plan on doing a TS every day as the food/experience is a big part of our enjoyment. We are a family of four--two girls aged 6&8. This will likely be our only trip. No park hopper.

Day 1: CRT dinner
Day 2: magic kingdom cs at Casey's corner or Columbia Harbour house; whispering canyon dinner
Day 3: Ak--flame tree or yak yeti Cs; boma dinner
Day 4: San angel inn lunch; snack around Epcot for dinner
Day 5: HS; early res at homecoming before Cirque
Day 6: hotel during day, chef de France dinner
Day 7: bog lunch, ohana dinner
Day 8: character breakfast at Ravello at four seasons (we are staying there)

Questions: is Boma worth it out of pocket? I've been trying without luck to get Sanaa. Would jiko be better?

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

We are going next week, but didn't book until within the 180 day window. I've been adjusting a lot in the last couple weeks as I've found luck with getting reservations. We are not on the dining plan as we are staying off site, but still plan on doing a TS every day as the food/experience is a big part of our enjoyment. We are a family of four--two girls aged 6&8. This will likely be our only trip. No park hopper.

Day 1: CRT dinnerGreat choice, esp. with girls that age. We have only done breakfast there, but no matter the meal, eating at the Castle is tops for the Princess experience
Day 2: magic kingdom cs at Casey's corner or Columbia Harbour house; whispering canyon dinnerCHH would be my choice just for more choices. WCC is a hoot! Be sure to allow time to check out Wilderness Lodge, IMO, the most beautiful resort on property
Day 3: Ak--flame tree or yak yeti Cs; bomb dinnerBefore our last trip, I would have said FTBBQ, but was disappointed in Dec. Plus, you are having a similar meal at WCC the night before. So I would say YnY. Boma is a great choice
Day 4: San angel inn lunch; snack around Epcot for dinnerSan Angel has been a go to too since 1999 for us.
Day 5: HS; early res at homecoming before CirqueHeard good things about Homecoming
Day 6: hotel during day, chef de France dinnerCDF we ate at once, it was good but not a great draw for us. Onion soup very good though. Options for me would be Biergarten or Rose n Crown
Day 7: bog lunch, ohana dinnerBOG lunch is ok, but the atmosphere is over the top great. Ohana, great food and fun experience, just go very hungry
Day 8: character breakfast at Ravello at four seasons (we are staying there)N/O

Questions: is Boma worth it out of pocket? I've been trying without luck to get Sanaa. Would jiko be better?Any meals on property can be argued for value. What we found after a few trips, we knew we were going to be paying more for meals than most any other trip elsewhere. But we resolved that the food was unique, the atmosphere at most places was part of it, and we were in WDW, couldn't ask for much more than that! So, Boma is all of the above, with very wonderful flavors. If something else you want doesn't fall into place, I wouldn't hesitate to go to Boma

Thanks!

We love Boma and I hate buffets. Perhaps try Le Cellier instead of Chefs de France? You are in prime ADR cancellation time, if you check often you will most likely find anything. On your "snack around epcot" night I highly recommend les balled Boulangerie Patisserie. That's the France bakery and everything I've ever had has been delicious. It's in the back of the pavilion so it's a bit hidden.

Hi everyone,

Day 1: CRT dinner
Day 2: magic kingdom cs at Casey's corner or Columbia Harbour house; whispering canyon dinner
Day 3: Ak--flame tree or yak yeti Cs; boma dinner
Day 4: San angel inn lunch; snack around Epcot for dinner
Day 5: HS; early res at homecoming before Cirque
Day 6: hotel during day, chef de France dinner
Day 7: bog lunch, ohana dinner
Day 8: character breakfast at Ravello at four seasons (we are staying there)

Questions: is Boma worth it out of pocket? I've been trying without luck to get Sanaa. Would jiko be better?

Thanks!
It makes little sense to me to venture over to AKLodge. But if you must go to AKLodge, Sanaa during daylight is the only way to see the animals. Boma & Jiko are good food, but not worth the relative travel time - unless you really want to see AKLodge. Both Tusker House & Tiffins offer similar flavor profiles, how about purchasing the River of Lights Dining Package at either?

Your Hollywood Studio day....into Disney Springs....to Cirque is a long day, but you have the good sense to then have hotel day.

Also, I might suggest dropping one of your Epcot plans or dropping Ohana (nothing special). Capa at Four Seasons is superior.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter